possible to have multiple windows?

macOS specific usage questions
laggerific

possible to have multiple windows?

Postby laggerific » 09 Jul 2006 00:00

I recently set up a macmini for my mediacenter, and I had been using the incomparable MediaPlayer Classic on my XP setup.

The main feature that I miss, and I can't seem to replicate is the ability to have multiple video windows open at once. Is there any way to do that with this VLC?

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 09 Jul 2006 00:12

Sure :) (but i don't know how it's done on OS X, it's a bit more complicated than on linux or windows i think)
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

laggerific

Re: possible to have multiple windows?

Postby laggerific » 09 Jul 2006 00:14

I recently set up a macmini for my mediacenter, and I had been using the incomparable MediaPlayer Classic on my XP setup.

The main feature that I miss, and I can't seem to replicate is the ability to have multiple video windows open at once. Is there any way to do that with this VLC?
VLC appears to be the best mediaplayer out for OSX...but if anyone knows of any apps for divx/xvid that support multiple windows, I wouldn't mind checking them out.

laggerific

Postby laggerific » 09 Jul 2006 00:16

Sure :) (but i don't know how it's done on OS X, it's a bit more complicated than on linux or windows i think)
Good to hear that it is possible...I'm guessing it's an undocumented feature, then...

Anybody familiar with this feature on OSX? How is it done on linux or windows? Is it a setting in preferences?

Is it something I could change in the prefs for OSX?

simon
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby simon » 09 Jul 2006 01:45

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”