Help True Random no repete plugin needed

Feature requests for VLC.
ksoza
New Cone
New Cone

Help True Random no repete plugin needed

Postby ksoza » 11 Oct 2017 23:44

I have a 4TB external hard drive with all my fav. shows as they are made ,meaning Im constantly adding new files for vlc to play with a playlist of over 4000 files My issue is that even though I have so many files I find that the VLC media player and the alternate plugin fix for this issue still play the same group of shows over and over I would like a plugin that once a file is selected unless other wise instructed will place on a blacklist to not b played until all the shows/files in the list have been played also if possible would like it to update the list

EodiV
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Help True Random no repete plugin needed

Postby EodiV » 19 Nov 2017 23:56

I think this one is valuable enough to be implemented in VLC itself some day. Dont expect it any time soon, but I wrote a ticket 19113 for it.

Lornadoo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 3.0.11.1
Operating System: Mac OS 10.14.6

Postby Lornadoo » 26 Nov 2017 13:42

This is a feature I would really appreciate. I understand that truly random means that I might experience playback of the same file 5 times in a row, as that is the nature of "random". Just like I could win the lottery 5 times in a row playing the same numbers.

However, what I really want in VLC is true shuffle, where a "random" file is played, but is not repeated until all items in the playlist have already been played at least once.

I am glad that there is progress on this front, though I must admit, I am a little confused as to why this basic functionality does not yet exist.

prino
New Cone
New Cone

Postby prino » 17 Nov 2019 12:31

Nearly two years later, any progress on this issue? I would just like to add all my 1,000+ ripped CDs to one big playlist, shuffle it, and let it play until the end, without repeating any of the already played tracks. A reshuffle at the end would be nice, but with more than 10,000 tracks, that's hardly necessary. ;)

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”