Help us test VLC for Android and report bugs

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
SlyyEra
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Help us test VLC for Android and report bugs

Postby SlyyEra » 04 Jan 2017 02:03

I found out the problem, it was my antivirus. How do I keep Atvast Premier and keep it from interfering with my connection?

JNavas
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby JNavas » 04 Jan 2017 02:40

I found out the problem, it was my antivirus. How do I keep Atvast Premier and keep it from interfering with my connection?
Suggest you contact Avast Support.

ThatGuyFromFuture
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ThatGuyFromFuture » 24 Feb 2017 14:56

Bug in VLC 2.1 beta for Android.
Whenever i go into extra setting under preference and tried to open any setting under Extra setting ( all of them ). New tab doesn't display from top. Example if i open interface ,it looks like thisImage
Now it was supposed to be look like thisImage.
This is happening in all extra setting tabs(From Interface to Advance ).
My Device Samsung Galaxy S5(G900H)/Android 6.0.1(Security update Jan 2017).
Log file http://pastebin.com/8h2WBcQL

ThatGuyFromFuture
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ThatGuyFromFuture » 24 Feb 2017 15:10

Also Their is no location permission for Daynight mode. So VLC is using hardcoded time not location based Time for auto night mode.

Rowge1
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Rowge1 » 27 Feb 2017 01:34

Not sure this is a bug, or am I missing something? The VLC Zoom functions on my Android TV (Sony XBR 75x850c) seem to stretch the video. I want to play a 2.40:1 in full 16x9, but no matter what zoom setting I use it only stretch's the video to fill the screen. Circles are oblong and squares are rectangle.

FloWil
New Cone
New Cone

Postby FloWil » 19 May 2017 14:35

HI!
For quite a while (versions) now, right now installed VLC-Android-2.1.6-20170517-0243-ARMv7.apk, there's an issue with the Audio-View / "artists".

I'm using Android 4.4.4 on a SM-J100H

If I install VLC and let it scan my soundlibrary on the SD-card everything is OK. After terminating and restarting VLC the artistlist omits every artists between 0 and C and V to Z.
In other words: Every artist between D and U is visible, rest is missing. BUT: using the "slider" on the lefthand side (shifting finger upwards) shows letters to "D" and is still showing " " if moved further on.
Of course, there are artists with A,B,C and V, but - like I said - not showing up.
But: When I search artists they are found and in album and titel view they are showing all up.

Flo

FloWil
New Cone
New Cone

Postby FloWil » 27 May 2017 19:20

me again

I'm using Android 4.4.4 on a SM-J100H
installed 2.1.8-20170525-0249RAMv7

If (audio) files get moved by some application (moved mp3s to a different folder) these files appear multiple times in the Audio/Artists -> foo -> unknown album -> (2x) after restarting VLC

TheDJTC
New Cone
New Cone

Postby TheDJTC » 20 Jun 2017 12:37

Hey I got a ZTE Warp 7 and I've used VLC for about a week or so now.

So far everything's good, but there's a bit of a design flaw: The song option is RIGHT next to the scroll bar.

So when I try to delete a song, or add it to a playlist, I accidentally fatfinger the scrollbar and go flying into outer space never to be heard from again.

Either the song options should be on the left side or the scrollbar should be... cuz it's REALLY hard to delete a song right now.

Also: I'd appreciate it if in playlists you can delete songs instead of just remove them from the playlist. Like, it's not the end of the world if you can't, but it'd be nice to have the option.

JNavas
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby JNavas » 20 Jun 2017 16:11

Also: I'd appreciate it if in playlists you can delete songs instead of just remove them from the playlist. Like, it's not the end of the world if you can't, but it'd be nice to have the option.
I vote no. That would be contrary to the role of playlist and dangerous.

nawt0k
New Cone
New Cone

Postby nawt0k » 30 Jun 2017 18:12

VLC 2.0.6 on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 running android 7.0.

VLC stops playing all video files at the 1 hr mark. Every video I have tested that is over 1 hour stops directly then. Can't seem to find a resolution for this. It was prevalent even when the tablet was on 6.x last week. VLC does not crash or close, but the image stops or stutters back and forth on ~4 frame loop. Any attempt to restart file and jump to 1 hr+ just leaved a black screen indefinitely.

JNavas
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby JNavas » 30 Jun 2017 19:54

VLC stops playing all video files at the 1 hr mark. Every video I have tested that is over 1 hour stops directly then. Can't seem to find a resolution for this. It was prevalent even when the tablet was on 6.x last week. VLC does not crash or close, but the image stops or stutters back and forth on ~4 frame loop. Any attempt to restart file and jump to 1 hr+ just leaved a black screen indefinitely.
Try:
  1. Uninstalling and reinstalling VLC.
  2. Different versions of VLC.
  3. Different video file types (.mpg, .mp4, .mkv, .avi)

Mastertexan
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Mastertexan » 12 Jul 2017 17:46

I have the same problem except: I'm using a Galaxy Tab E, Android v6.0.1, VLC 6.0.2 and the video stops at ~8min mark. Uninstalled and resintalled doesn't work. I set the cache to 10000, 1000, and back to 300, no change. Found a beta version but i can't seem to get that to connect to network and it doesn't seem my sd card.

Mastertexan
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Mastertexan » 13 Jul 2017 18:35

Correction: VLC is v2.0.6 lol

nawt0k
New Cone
New Cone

Postby nawt0k » 17 Jul 2017 19:28

I have the same problem except: I'm using a Galaxy Tab E, Android v6.0.1, VLC 6.0.2 and the video stops at ~8min mark. Uninstalled and resintalled doesn't work. I set the cache to 10000, 1000, and back to 300, no change. Found a beta version but i can't seem to get that to connect to network and it doesn't seem my sd card.
Just wanted to update on my status and maybe it would help mastertexan as well.

I seemed to have fixed it. Under settings I enabled the following settings:

Hardware Acceleration ----> Full
Performance ----> Deblocking Filter Settings ------> Full
Performance ----> Enable Frame Skip -----> (check) (yes)

I have a feeling VLC was trying to use the bare minimum to get by on acceleration and performance until it caught up with it. Also, the videos may have had a bad or corrupted frame and enabling skip let it bypass that....Maybe I am making assumptions, but it now works for any video I play.

Robbierob1985
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Robbierob1985 » 23 Jul 2017 01:03

Hi I have an HTC6535LVW. And I'm running the current Android version 6.0. And the problem I am wondering about is the EQ settings. I love the EQ but when I am not looking at the EQ or go back to my playlist or song selection menu I find the EQ keeps resetting it's self and does not stay on the levels that I set which is not the end of the world but I'm curious if there is a reason for this at all. Thanks for your time and other than that I absolutely love VLC all around I give it 10/10 and thank you all for your hard and amazing work.

cat_baxter
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby cat_baxter » 17 Aug 2017 12:20

Hi,

the last nightlies apk was on 2nd july, please restart the process https://nightlies.videolan.org/build/android-armv7/.

Thanks!

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 25 Aug 2017 13:00

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

sling-shot
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby sling-shot » 10 Sep 2017 11:37

For the last 2 Play Store updates, I am seeing that VLC forgets the video playback position each time screen locks, sent to background/switched applications.

I am presently on update 2.1.19 released on 2017-09-07. My phone is Sony Xperia Z3 Plus on Android 7.0
I am a nobody. Nobody is perfect. So I am perfect.

JNavas
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby JNavas » 10 Sep 2017 16:50

For the last 2 Play Store updates, I am seeing that VLC forgets the video playback position each time screen locks, sent to background/switched applications.
I am presently on update 2.1.19 released on 2017-09-07. My phone is Sony Xperia Z3 Plus on Android 7.0
The current latest version of VLC for Android is 2.0.6 (Official, Play).
Any higher version number is not on Play. You must be testing a nightly.
Do not download from unofficial sources like uptodown.com and APKMirror.

sling-shot
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby sling-shot » 10 Sep 2017 17:47

There is an official beta channel on Play Store. As this is the testing thread I have posted about that here. My installation is beta but not from suspicious sources.

JNavas
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby JNavas » 10 Sep 2017 18:56

There is an official beta channel on Play Store. As this is the testing thread I have posted about that here. My installation is beta but not from suspicious sources.
VLC for Android beta on Play (link) is deprecated.
Official developer Videolabs (link) has no other apps.
What is the link to the app you are using?

sling-shot
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby sling-shot » 10 Sep 2017 19:29

I forgot exactly how I did it. You need to enable beta updates. Once you are on the beta channel, the VLC updates pushed to your phone come from beta channel only. You won't have stable version on your phone. You cannot have both stable and beta side by side.

JNavas
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby JNavas » 10 Sep 2017 19:40

I forgot exactly how I did it. You need to enable beta updates. Once you are on the beta channel, the VLC updates pushed to your phone come from beta channel only. You won't have stable version on your phone. You cannot have both stable and beta side by side.
As I guessed, that's a Nightly build. To avoid confusion,
you should make it clear that you're using beta rather than production.

smitbret
New Cone
New Cone

Postby smitbret » 13 Sep 2017 20:49

So, trying to use VLC on my FireTV Sticks (Gen 2) at home and they work great for lower bitrate stuff. However, I am having trouble with Blu-Ray rips. I have them ripped, encoded and saved as .mkv files. They are stored on my Media Server and streamed through the house with Mezzmo Media Server. I am not using VLC to access the files, just as the Media Player.

Most of the problem files are around 16-20GB. For instance I have Guardians of the Galaxy 2 with an average bitrate of about 11mbps. There is a peak of 48mbps and it will regularly hit 20+mbps. It all starts out great but every 10-20 minutes, VLC will randomly crash to the FireTV homescreen. It is unpredictable and does not seem to occur in the same places. It will crash 100% of the time if the bitrate goes over 50mbps when HW decoding is turned on. I cannot reenter VLC until I restart the FireTV. It has also done this recently on BD Rips of Alien:Covenant and The Revenant, too.

This occurs on all three of my FireTV Sticks and I have played back the exact same files using Mezzmo's internal player, Vimu Media Player and MX Player and none of them have this issue (they all have their own unique quirks). In the meantime, is there a way to get a hold of some older .apk files for VLC for Fire to see if they occur there? VLC is just better than the alternatives.

sling-shot
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby sling-shot » 15 Sep 2017 19:48

As I guessed, that's a Nightly build. To avoid confusion,
you should make it clear that you're using beta rather than production.
I am sorry. I forgot to specify in the first post that it is an experimental build. But I got it from Play Store not through alternate means.

Anyway, do you have any idea as to why VLC Android beta/nightly is not able to remember the play position? I have tried deleting old data and beginning fresh, but still no help.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”