saving video with VLC filters applied

macOS specific usage questions
solvent
New Cone
New Cone

saving video with VLC filters applied

Postby solvent » 13 Aug 2014 00:44

I'm trying to save/encode a video after applying the video effects in VLC. However even when I can get it to 'encode' or record the video it's simply the video as it was before.

Is there any way to do this? I've seen numerous things about preferences > show all > stream output > sout and what I read said there should be all of the filters listed there..... but no, more modifying x/y placement and a few other things. I'm looking for posterize, the 'puzzle game', invert, motion blur, etc. but not there.

Any help? I'm using Version 2.0.3 Twoflower (Intel 64bit) of VLC and Mountain Lion for OS X.

Thanks!

dfuhrmann
Developer
Developer

Re: saving video with VLC filters applied

Postby dfuhrmann » 13 Aug 2014 19:16

Try out the latest VLC 2.2 nightly build. Here, I can find a filter list at the mentioned place in advanced preferences (at the transcode section).

TheSwant
New Cone
New Cone

Postby TheSwant » 01 Apr 2016 16:45

Hi I have the same issue. The strange thing is that sometimes the procedure off applying the filter works and sometimes not in a random way

I do the following:
(1) preferences/stream/sout/re–code + ticking various filers
2) convert stream/stream/save
I found the instructions for doing it on http://kevinstechsupport.blogspot.se/20 ... d.html?m=1

Mac OS X 10.6.8
VLC 2.2.2

Silentkey
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Silentkey » 03 Jun 2017 03:22

I have more or less the same question I think.

Is it possible to save a video with effects set ?

For exemple, I play a movie, and then I turn on the " invert colors" on this lets say, wmv movie,

Now I convert it to lets say mp4, I would like to have the new mp4 movie playing with inverted colors, even if I open the file in a different player, I mean like if the movie was definitely changed to the version with the filters.

Ouuuuf I hope it's clear because I lutted a lot to make it understandable :D

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”