Why does it do these 2 things

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
IPBR21054
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Why does it do these 2 things

Postby IPBR21054 » 27 Nov 2005 15:10

I open up vlc it a certain screen size but when shutdown and then opened up again at a later date it opens up whatever screen size it wants.
Why does it not remember the screen size you dragged it to last time.

Download a few rar files and try to open them up with vlc but all i get is 00:00:00 / 00:00:00 under the task bar.it then haves a little flicker but nothing more.
When i installed vlc i selected all video option ie xvid,mpg etc etc.
I thought i would play all extension but not sure what the extension is unless i downloadd all rar files then extract but what i use it for is to download a few rar files,check the quality then if ok download all of them.
This does not happen on every rar files but just thought it would play 99% of them anyway.
This happens on version 0.82 and now upgraded tp 0.84 still the same.

PLEASE HELP IF POSSIBLE.

zorglub
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby zorglub » 29 Nov 2005 12:21

Hello,

Unfortunately, for both of your problems, the fact is that it is not implemented.

Video size "remembering" is not implemented, but might be in 0.8.5
RAR reading is not either, and we don't really know if we want to support it.
Zorglub
Clément Stenac

IPBR21054
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby IPBR21054 » 29 Nov 2005 20:40

You mentioned rar reading is not implemented,lots of files that i have downloaded are of the rar extension.
Do you mean that if i was to download all of a certain rar set then extract it with winrar making a ts folder it will not work,thus downloading a complete rar set and extracting to produce say a mpg etc it will work.If this is not the case i am confused as i download 1 rar to see what quality is like first.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”