VLC 2.1.1 no longer allows me to change to stereo audio

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
popeye13
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 3.0.17.4
Operating System: Win10 Home 64Bit

Re: VLC 2.1.1 no longer allows me to change to stereo audio

Postby popeye13 » 06 Feb 2014 03:26

I am not spending time here to be insulted. This topic is now on my ignore list.
Oh dear.......

No one has insulted you Remi, you are the one acting in a very childish manner.
because it doesn't matter to you, you don't care, you've replied to me before in a very abrupt and rude manner, there is no need for it. Try looking at things from the POV of others, not just what suits you or your opinion.

I really hope this is something that does get looked into as i have issues with AAC 5.1 still, and being able to either one-two-three click or use the hot keys to change from 5.1 to stereo was very handy whereas now, if i lose 5.1, i have to change it, close, restart and then revert back after watching, which is about as helpful as no bottom in a bag...

Thanks....

Rémi Denis-Courmont
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: Linux

Postby Rémi Denis-Courmont » 11 Feb 2014 17:51

I was referred as ignorant, stupid, and now childish. And Ludrax was accused of "smoking" substances, or maybe it was me. All insults. Those are no ways to go if you intended volunteers to spend their free time to help you.

You were advised what to do, and you did something else. Suit your selves. There were no patches before the VLC 2.2 freeze, and consequently this will not be fixed anytime soon.
Last edited by Rémi Denis-Courmont on 11 Feb 2014 18:01, edited 3 times in total.
Rémi Denis-Courmont
https://www.remlab.net/
Private messages soliciting support will be systematically discarded

michabb
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby michabb » 11 Feb 2014 17:56

oh dear... give me your email, i will sent you an amazon voucher to buy some sweets, that everything will become fine again, my little poor developer ;)

popeye13
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 3.0.17.4
Operating System: Win10 Home 64Bit

Postby popeye13 » 15 Feb 2014 15:09

I was referred as ignorant, stupid, and now childish. And Ludrax was accused of "smoking" substances, or maybe it was me. All insults. Those are no ways to go if you intended volunteers to spend their free time to help you.

You were advised what to do, and you did something else. Suit your selves. There were no patches before the VLC 2.2 freeze, and consequently this will not be fixed anytime soon.
Because you have acted childish and behaved in a very ignorant manner, its not an insult, its stating some facts.
You don't care for this issue, yet you're on this thread behaving in a very combative and aggressive manner, everyone else is able to see it, but you refuse to, which is quite sad really.

Im fully aware that the developers are volunteers and give their free time, believe me, everyone that uses VLC is more than grateful to all, including you, so please don't use that as an excuse, because it won't work.
If you have nothing constructive to add, then don't post, its so very simple.

Good day to you

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”