VLC locks up at end of video.

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Re: VLC locks up at end of video.

Postby VLC_help » 28 Dec 2010 16:09

Nightly builds are latest unstable versions of VLC that are build at every night from latest source code version (well timetable is more random, but you get the idea).

Calanyo
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Calanyo » 28 Apr 2011 13:21

PROB FIXED IN 1.1.0? I just started having this issue with 114 n 115 n am still having it. Never had any trouble with 105. :roll:
Same here. It's still doing it in 1.1.9 but I never had a problem with 1.0.5.

TenBaz
New Cone
New Cone

Postby TenBaz » 27 Nov 2011 03:49

I'm using VLC 1.1.11 (no skin) and this problem still persists for me. Has it not been fixed yet?

I can be watching any video full-screen on my second monitor while working in another application on the first monitor.

When the movie ends, VLC freezes and has to be exited with Ctrl-Alt-Del. (Exactly the same problem occurs if viewing VLC on the first monitor while working on the second).

VLC resizes the window at the end of the video and if the window doesn't have focus at the time, it locks up.

I know you can stop this happening if you click on the VLC window just before the video ends, but if you forget, you get a black (or occasionally white) full-screen window with blue border and title bar, along with one dead VLC program! Click on the red Close Program gadget on the title bar enough times and the Windows 'Program is not responding ' message pops up. The End Now button only works occasionally.

I also know about the Always On Top work-around, but in my case, that's just as inconvenient because I have a couple of apps running on the second monitor that I need to access for a couple of seconds every so often.

Other than this one minor issue, VLC is my number one choice for playing video.

TenBaz

dntknwhw2b
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: newest
Operating System: Win 7 SP1

Postby dntknwhw2b » 13 Jul 2015 14:10

Wow! you ask a simple question and it goes over my head in a few posts. I run Win 7 home premium 54 bit. AMD FX - 6100 six core processor. 8 Gig b RAM. NVIDEA
Geforce GTX 650 Ti. it goes into a 60 inches ( 152.4 cm ) television hooked up with HDMI cable. A big upgrade since my last post. I am now waiting for my free upgrade to Windows 10 in a couple of weeks. I no longer have any of the problems that I spoke of at the beginning of this post.
dntknwhw2b // Don't Know How Too Be // It's still better than a wanna-be.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”