Yellow stripe in flv Videos

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
wosco
New Cone
New Cone

Yellow stripe in flv Videos

Postby wosco » 22 Oct 2010 23:52

Hi All

I am using an old m100 Toshiba Laptop running windows XP SP3, whenever I play flv files I get a yellow stripe down the middle of the screen, not on mp4's, avi etc just flv.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

solazy
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
VLC version: 1.1.11
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Yellow stripe in flv Videos

Postby solazy » 23 Oct 2010 00:44

Hi Wosco,
I'm running Windows XP SP2 and I nearly got the same problem as you : a huge vertical yellow stripe in the middle of the screen, but it happens with some mp4.

Yesterday I solved this issue by changing a preference, as you will see in the following pic :
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4129 ... rences.jpg

I changed the Video Output from "Default" to "DirectX 3D Video Output"
Then Save the Preferences, Quit Vlc . After that I got rid of this yellow stripe.
Hope it will work for you,
Good luck :)

wosco
New Cone
New Cone

Postby wosco » 23 Oct 2010 08:10

Hi Solazy

Unfortunately it didn't work, I am still getting the yellow stripe appreciate your response, I am beginning to think it is this video card :(

BTW I forgot to say I am using vlc 1.1.4

jaban
New Cone
New Cone

Postby jaban » 02 Nov 2010 18:37

I'm running Windows 7 on an older Toshiba laptop, without Aero, and had the same vertical yellow band in some videos, but not all.

"DirectX 3D Video Output" didn't work for me, but "Windows GDI Video Output" did. So to those who try this and it doesn't work... just try each of the other settings until you hit one that works.

And one note... it won't work if you change the setting while the video is playing or paused. You don't necessarily have to close and re-open the player, but you do at least have to STOP (not pause) the video after changing the setting.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 04 Nov 2010 02:20

I'm running Windows 7 on an older Toshiba laptop, without Aero, and had the same vertical yellow band in some videos, but not all.

"DirectX 3D Video Output" didn't work for me, but "Windows GDI Video Output" did. So to those who try this and it doesn't work... just try each of the other settings until you hit one that works.

And one note... it won't work if you change the setting while the video is playing or paused. You don't necessarily have to close and re-open the player, but you do at least have to STOP (not pause) the video after changing the setting.
Your drivers are buggy then.
Maybe try DirectX video output, if you can
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

waterbender2009
New Cone
New Cone

Postby waterbender2009 » 21 Sep 2011 00:55

I was able to fix the Yellow band problem by switching to "DirectX 3D Video Output" mode. Thanks a lot :)

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”