.: list of my vlc issues :.

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
okok123
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

.: list of my vlc issues :.

Postby okok123 » 27 Sep 2010 04:12

vlc has those problems :

-when i play a video when vlc is already opened, the sound plays but the windows has desepeared and when i double click on the vlc icon, no way to open the wvl windows, so i have to restart the player.

-at about 10 seconds whan i play a film or music, vlc has a little freeze...

- since the 1.1.0 version, video are very slower to start, it is not as good as 1.0.5 for the speed ... and when the player in on pause for 30 seconde when i restart the video, there are part of the image which not desappear.

and i have a little question for a dev : whould that be possible to make the vlc compilation lighter ? the binarie are not so light compared to the source code...?

nonameform
New Cone
New Cone

Re: .: list of my vlc issues :.

Postby nonameform » 29 Sep 2010 12:54

Not sure if my issue is similar to the one you have described, but that's what happens in my case:

- If I have a VLC window minimized when video ends, I can't restore the window and have to restart the player. Minimized window just seems to stay at the task bar.
- If I have a player running fullscreen and then when a new video loads from playlist (and if it has different resolution than the previous video), window is maximized and video is stretched in that window, so I have to zoom 50% then zoom 100% and then go fullscreen to fix that issue.
- Also it seems that previous issue causes the system to never activate screen saver. I was watching some short videos and fell asleep. When I woke up two hours later, the window was still maximized and my monitor wasn't in sleep mode like it should be.

All of the described issues happened in Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

smurfmachine
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby smurfmachine » 06 Oct 2010 01:38

okok is referring to the buffer by the sounds of it, i'm not the only one who finds it annoying then.
for some reason it was introduced when the software went from 0.9.9 to 1.0.0
i have no clue why the feature was added, it was a bad idea and certainly wasnt needed.
and it sounds like nonameform is referring to the really iffy resize issues, those are recent

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 11 Oct 2010 12:39

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”