Problem with a52 audio

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Wynthyst
New Cone
New Cone

Problem with a52 audio

Postby Wynthyst » 04 Sep 2009 14:55

This has probably come up before, but using the search I was unable to find anything that addressed this specific problem. I apologize in advance if I just missed it.

Up until recently, I have had no issues using VLC media player to watch the various movies (all .avi from dvd rips) I have on my computer. However, at this point several of my movies (all of which I've watched multiple times with VLC) have started having this sound issue. I get background and effect sounds, but no dialogue. It's like I'm missing half of the audio channels.

As I said, I have watched all of these movies in the past with no problem at all. I have not changed my audio hardware configuration, I'm running Realtek HD Audio (onboard) set for 6 speaker output to my surround system.

All of the movies that are having this issue use the a52 audio codec, which is a fairly standard codec, and really should not be creating these problems.

Any suggestions any of you could provide would be much appreciated as this is starting to drive me nuts as it's affecting some of my very favorite movie files.

Thanks for your time!

DGMurdockIII
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: y
Operating System: windows 10 64bit Pro

Re: Problem with a52 audio

Postby DGMurdockIII » 04 Sep 2009 21:17

im having the same problem

VLC_help
Mega Cone Master
Mega Cone Master

Postby VLC_help » 05 Sep 2009 09:20

You are using 5.1 speakers or stereo ones? Have you set the output to match that?

Wynthyst
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Wynthyst » 05 Sep 2009 15:51

OHHHH! THANK YOU!!!

I feel like a total idiot now. I never even tried that.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”