rpmlib

*nix specific usage questions
CARhein71
New Cone
New Cone

rpmlib

Postby CARhein71 » 22 Sep 2008 17:41

Dear Users,

I have a big problem. I am using SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP2 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2. To download and install VLC you have to use the SUSE 10.1 version of VLC. Now SUSE 10.1 is discontinued to maintain, and there is no possibility to download SUSE 10.1 packages wich are not part of the DVD. So you download the vlc-files and if you want to install vlc there is a VERY VERY ANNOYING message:" rpmlib.so is needed. "I searched the whole world for a provider of this file, and there is not anyone!!!
Can anybody provide this file non-commercial and legal or does anybody know where you can download it legally and non-commercial?? Someone must have this file somewhere on a CD, DVD, floppy, USB-Stick or on his harddisk.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

dimstar
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Re: rpmlib

Postby dimstar » 23 Sep 2008 09:34

Hello,

I see your problem. I'll have to check the possibilities with SLED10SP2... do you happen to know if there is now Qt4 included? This was not part of SUSE Linux 10.1 and would have made it anyhow close to impossible to deploy stable packages for 10.1, as VLC 0.9.2 requires Qt4.

I will probably have a look later this week if I can create a repo specific for SLE platforms.

Soon should be SLE11 appearing... then we have again the same codebase with openSUSE 11.1, which will make it a little bit easier.

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”