VIDEO SIDEWAYS!

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
PETERM90
New Cone
New Cone

VIDEO SIDEWAYS!

Postby PETERM90 » 17 Feb 2007 08:40

Hello guys,

Out of nowhere my vlc started playing videos sideways, I dont know how to fix it, i searched on the forums here, and it said to "Look at the preferences=>Video=>Filters and there you will find a transformation filter" I have tried that, in the extended GUI but the filters option is not there. It only has Video Track, Full Screen etc etc.. If someone is able to help me it would be much apreciated.

Thankyou in advance,

Peter

yoann
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby yoann » 17 Feb 2007 18:19

The Extended GUI is accessible via Settings -> Extended GUI.
The Video filters options are then displayed on the right pane.
If you don't see them, maybe you have got an old version of VLC media player?
Yoann Peronneau
http://www.yoann.org

divx118
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: VIDEO SIDEWAYS!

Postby divx118 » 17 Feb 2007 21:11

Hello guys,

Out of nowhere my vlc started playing videos sideways, I dont know how to fix it, i searched on the forums here, and it said to "Look at the preferences=>Video=>Filters and there you will find a transformation filter" I have tried that, in the extended GUI but the filters option is not there. It only has Video Track, Full Screen etc etc.. If someone is able to help me it would be much apreciated.

Thankyou in advance,

Peter
try to look under preferences=>preferences=>Video=>Filters

Or press control S to open the preferences window.

Another option is to delete the settings file in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner (this is you)\Application Data\VLC , Application Data is a hidden directory so you will need to make it visible.

Maurice 8)

PETERM90
New Cone
New Cone

Postby PETERM90 » 18 Feb 2007 01:44

tried all of the above dosnt work, went into the vlc folder, and there was just 1 folder, "cache" and some other unkown file (which i deleted) its still sideways..

divx118
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby divx118 » 18 Feb 2007 11:15

That is strange what vlc version do you have ? (click on help and then about.)

In the file "vlc" with no extension are your settings stored so if you did something wrong with your settings it should now be restored to default after you deleted the file and restart the vlc player.

The only thing i can think for now is uninstalling and reinstalling the player.

Maurice

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 19 Feb 2007 22:44

I generally recommend deleting the whole folder. It will be recreated with the default settings the first time you use VLC.

The Transformation filter is what you want but you may need to set up the filter in preferences to do what you want.

teeheenah
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VIDEO SIDEWAYS!

Postby teeheenah » 22 Jun 2008 22:45

I had the same exact problem and no matter what was suggested, nothing worked for me either.

Finally on a lark I decided to go into my preferences and just clicked on "reset all" then on "save". I stopped the video that was running and when I started it playing again, it was as it should be! Right side up! Woohoo!

Hope this helps someone else out there.

As to how this happened I haven't the foggiest notion. I am the only one who uses this PC and I KNOW I didn't mess with the preferences. My only guess is that on the last update there is some sort of glitch that caused it.

T-

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”