Build Error

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
wgshiver
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Build Error

Postby wgshiver » 28 May 2008 21:07

I am getting a build error and I have been searching for a solution but have found nothing yet. I got the most recent source code of VLC last night. I have tried several others but continue to get errors during the bootstrap of configure. I finally got past the bootstrap and got it configured with this new source code. So I started the compile and it compiled fine with now errors. But now when i run the command 'make package-win32-base' i get the following error:

strip: './vlc-0.9.0-git/plugins/*.dll': No such file
make: *** [package-win32-base] Error 1

I look at the package that it is trying to build and it does not have any .dll's in the plugins folder.
The only way I have been able to fix this is to copy the .dll's out of a stable compiled version of VLC into my plugins folder. I also have a problem with the libvlc.dll as well but I am assuming that it is probably because it did not finish building it when it reached this error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am compiling this via Cygwin in a Windows Vista Service Pack 1 environment. I have not made any changed to the source code because I just wanted to get it to compile and build before I started making changes.

Thank you.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: Build Error

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 28 May 2008 22:01

do you have that folder ?
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

wgshiver
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Build Error

Postby wgshiver » 28 May 2008 22:04

It does create the plugins folder but it puts nothing in there. Its just an empty folder. I'm not sure where it supposed to be building all these dll's from?

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”