VideoLAN - the best program ever written!

Just have a drink and chat
Vlc username

Postby Vlc username » 15 Dec 2005 12:15

VLC is a good player but still have a very big problems.

maybe you must see this
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/dload.html

Brindled
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: several
Operating System: several

VideoLAN - the best program ever written!

Postby Brindled » 22 Jul 2007 10:22

Well, I figured I'd bump this thread since it seemed the best thread for what I wanted to post.

Being my first post, I would like to graciously thank all involved with producing this player. It has worked well on all the platforms I've managed. It has been the player I have recommended to everyone. It's the video player I load on video discs I give to friends, just so I know they'll be able to play the media I've given them. This is the first video player in my experience that has so extensively and repeatedly rendered most media thrown at it.

Thank You,
Brindled
if you trust me to tell you I did ... can I trust you to believe me.

just-do-it
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes
Operating System: 'does/Linux

Re: VideoLAN - the best program ever written!

Postby just-do-it » 23 Jul 2007 16:44

Hmm - cannot but agree with all of the above.
In addition I have managed to set it up so I can listen to stuff that 'dose media player will not open through the firewall at work.
Cool
Ahh Go on; Go on

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 23 Jul 2007 18:29

It's alright. :roll:

...if alright means mind blowingly awesome! I've chucked all other media players aside in favor of this one. And if you think it's brilliant now just wait until some of these are added.

MikeyMahn
New Cone
New Cone

Postby MikeyMahn » 14 Aug 2007 03:02

yep, happy to add to the official back-patting thread ... this program efficiently does everything you need a video player to do, which I haven't been able to find until now. Thanks for the program and cheers for open source

Lisa
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 0.8.6
Operating System: Mac OS X Intel10.4.9

Postby Lisa » 15 Aug 2007 17:47

Hallo all,

I wanted to say thank you to the administrator and forum moderators for their big help, folks like Fkuehne, and others. I have been looking over some of the posts, and am amased at their helpful responses to us. I'm sure it is time consuming on their part, so a big "Thanks".

I also enjoy using this program very much. I live in the country, with internet dial-up, and have only recently discontinued our satellite television service. I got tired of paying so much, for so little programing we watch. We don't get any television stations from our antenna, due to our location. So, watching videos on the computer is much appreciated, and with this program, I can watch our CD's that are in .rar format, using the helpful companion program VLC Loader.

More specs : I don't have a program called, Flip4Mac installed. That program seemed to mess up my browser, something to do with .wav files. And, I don't plan on updating to the latest Mac OS version. Why should I when this version works great - if it isn't broke, don't fix it, as the saying goes.

Thanks to all those who have worked hard in creating both the player and the loader programs!

Liebe Grüße, Lisa

mickymoo
New Cone
New Cone

Postby mickymoo » 10 Nov 2007 02:28

Wonderful!!! If only I could download it!!???!! Anybody help. NB> Me only beginner. Please not too much jargon.
M.Moo

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 10 Nov 2007 17:39

Wonderful!!! If only I could download it!!???!! Anybody help. NB> Me only beginner. Please not too much jargon.
M.Moo
What's jargon? That sounds like jargonto me. :P Annnnyywhoo...what seems to be the problem? Is it with the nightly builds 0.9.0 or 0.8.6_? It seem that there are a lot of problems with downloading today. :?

CobrA_4cS
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby CobrA_4cS » 20 Nov 2007 14:23

Try to search it on the web...

[size=0]Image[/size]
Last edited by CobrA_4cS on 04 Dec 2007 17:00, edited 1 time in total.

vsai
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby vsai » 20 Nov 2007 20:21

Great software.
I use it to relay from sattelite and terrestrial to many clients, compressing the streams with h264 - best opensource compression I ever seen.
I will write a howto about this.
However, none of my questions have been answerd on this forum and I asked some, and I have 2 users for this forum. :)
And other asked the same questions without resolution.
May I ask why?

funman
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: All of them

Postby funman » 20 Nov 2007 22:18

questions answered several times are not answered

but in your case there is other options:
* nobody knows
* someone knows but don't want to take the time to answer
* nobody want to take the time to read

there is a lot of users and a few helpers :(

Return to “Coffee Corner”