I can't get past "SMB authentication required"..

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
xbeatle
New Cone
New Cone

I can't get past "SMB authentication required"..

Postby xbeatle » 20 Oct 2023 03:57

When I enter both the Login & Password that I use for my desktop computer it keeps refreshing with a blank box and the above message..infuriating to say the least

I've shared every folder I want access to on my desktop computer and even set them all as permission for everyone..

Yet still, I can't get past this step.

I've uninstalled/installed VLC countless times on my new Samsung Tablet and the curious thing is the computer folder I want access to shows up in the Local Network section of VLC

Yet when I open that folder it just states "The directory is empty"...arrrgh

Is it because the User Name I use for my computer is Admin?

Btw, I have my older tablet right next to the new one and I didn't have this problem and have been enjoying access to my desktop for quite some time.

Trying to figure out why VLC on my new Samsung Tablet won't accept my desktop Login details..

Any thoughts?

TIA

Aza
Developer
Developer

Re: I can't get past "SMB authentication required"..

Postby Aza » 23 Oct 2023 07:54

Could you please share some logs? Reproduce the issue and then go to: Settings > Advanced > Debug logs. Then share the logs with the sharing service you prefer (Google Drive, Dropbox, pastebin...).

lwc
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: I can't get past "SMB authentication required"..

Postby lwc » 04 Nov 2023 10:02

I'm not sure it's related to this SMB fix but I think it's worth a try (that link instructs to replace stable VLC with a beta one - you can keep the stable one while you test the beta, and if the beta doesn't help just remove it).

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”