VLC and issues with IPTV stream

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
willegg
New Cone
New Cone

VLC and issues with IPTV stream

Postby willegg » 07 Sep 2019 22:41

Hi
Hope some one can help.

I have subscribed to an IPTV service and have had no issues in the past year. Only in the last few days this issue has started.

I am able to get service on my phone but not my PC. I have tried two separate laptops and getting no service.

When using VLC 3.0.8. Not starting in playlist screen, I get connection and I can go through the channels using the forward button. When I go to the playlist screen VLC freezes. When I start in VLC in the playlist screen, VLC freezes. I have some logs from VLC. The last few lines are

Not starting in playlist screen: (get connection but only go to next channel using forward button)
main debug: `http://c....&type=m3u_plus&output=ts' successfully opened
prefetch debug: end of stream
main debug: deleting item `get.php?username= "USERNAME" &password= "PASSWORD" &type=m3u_plus&output=ts'

Starting in playlist screen: (get no connection)
main debug: `http://c.....&type=m3u_plus&output=ts' successfully opened
prefetch debug: end of stream

The Playlist is approximately 8000 to 10000 channels, I think prior to this it was 4000 channels. Any ideas what the issue could be.

TIA

willegg
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC and issues with IPTV stream

Postby willegg » 08 Sep 2019 23:39

Hi,

An update.

I decided to leave VLC running whilst connecting to my IPTV in the playlist screen. After 30 minutes (length of time VLC was busy and not responding), VLC returned a playlist and channels were working.

I can go from channel to channel using the VLC forward key. I left VLC running for 2 Hrs and it did not stop. When returning to playlist screen I could see the channels and could scroll up and down. When I did a search for a channel, VLC again went into busy mode for 10 minutes, then showed my channel which I could access and watch.

I actually think the issue is this the playlist size from my IPTV provider. Before I renewed my subs I think the playlist was about 3500. After renewing it is about 7000. What can I do to tweak VLC so it can handle such sizes better?

TIA

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”