How to remove the navigation (?) panel when docked playlist is checked

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
Floe
New Cone
New Cone

How to remove the navigation (?) panel when docked playlist is checked

Postby Floe » 15 May 2015 23:05

How does one remove the horizontal panel that appears above the video when docked playlist is selected? It seems to be a navigation panel for the playlist, but for me its only role is squeezing the video into a tiny space.

Since I could not find any mention of it in a few quick searches on the net, I'm actually wondering if it's something only I have. Here it is on a screenshot: Image

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Re: How to remove the navigation (?) panel when docked playlist is checked

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 20 May 2015 23:17

Hide the playlist.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

playlistsqueeze
New Cone
New Cone

Re: How to remove the navigation (?) panel when docked playlist is checked (classic player)

Postby playlistsqueeze » 18 Aug 2015 11:53

Hide the playlist.
But then you can't see the playlist

What OP and I want is a classic player ... playlist on right , video on left, two boxes, not three

Code: Select all

[video][file 1][^] |video||file 2|| | [video][file 3][V]
don't want that extra stuff: my computer, devices, local network, internet ...

cliffclof
New Cone
New Cone

Postby cliffclof » 24 Jun 2016 00:08

why is this basic thing so hard to find? How do I see the playlist as a small playlist sized thing to the side of the video???

amirand926
New Cone
New Cone

Postby amirand926 » 17 Aug 2016 03:39

I am so sick of this also and couldnt find a solution to it. It is INSANE that you can make the video insanely small but not the navigation.

•Anyway, the only solution I found is to UNCHECK View-->Docked Playlist.
•Once undocked, you should have two separate windows. 1 with video and one with playlist.
•On the playlist, you can drag the separation bar between the playlist titles and the ANNOYING navigation all the way to the left so that it looks like it is part of the window border. This will hide the navigation.
•Now, resize the video window to whatever you want as well as the playlist. downfall is only that you have the window border between them.

If you have found a solution that works better, by all means, let us know! I made an account specificaly for this here so that I could share. It annoys me THAT much. Hope I helped! Enjoy!
:D

vlcpain
New Cone
New Cone

Postby vlcpain » 01 Sep 2016 21:17

I experience this particular issue, and don't recall at any point enabling the navigation panel (or whatever it is called).
What is particularly loathsome is that VLC has an option to customize interface, which for some inane reason does not include the option to remove this eyeblight.

Half-assed eplies such as these
Hide the playlist.
only add further insult to the injury:
Good job, now the playlist is hidden - along with all the desirable functionality that comes with it.
Unlike the navigation tab, I actually want the playlist (on the right hand side) to be visible and in the same window as the currently played video.

What the --please stay polite-- is going on?

dandycalhoun
New Cone
New Cone

Postby dandycalhoun » 25 Sep 2016 17:49

Agree with the most recent post, it's unusual that VLC player have such an annoying issue.

To reiterate, there is no way to dock the playlist without the Media Library and other explorer items remaining above the actively playing media below, and this cannot be reduced by clicking and dragging the slider upwards.
Thanks in advance for your help resolving this.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 26 Sep 2016 11:38

Yes, there is no way to have that mode. Either it's two windows, or you just have the preview instead of the thumbnail.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”