Playing VLC @ Windows Startup

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
giffy

Playing VLC @ Windows Startup

Postby giffy » 16 Aug 2005 21:37

Newby here sorry for the "potential dumb question" however, I'm trying to setup VLC to play a playlist everytimg windows starts. I have windows set to login automatically i just need the VLC to begin on it's own. Using schedules is okay if i can get the VLC to begin autormatically. Thank you so much for any assistance you can give.

zcot
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby zcot » 16 Aug 2005 22:02

drag a shortcut to a playlist(or just copy) to the system "StartUp" folder under the:
[Start] - [All Programs] -> [StartUP] folder.
(yes I'm saying have a shortcut to a playlist.)

this will only work if you have properly associated that playlist file extension to be played by vlc.

Or, -you could make a shortcut to a shortcut that starts vlc with a playlist ready.. a shortcut command might look like this a bit:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --intf wxwin "C:\Some Folder\blah\playlist.m3u"
You could make a batch file in this same fashion, except take note here.. you can not naturally drag a batch file to make an appropriate shortcut like that. In this case you would want to actually COPY the .bat file and paste the copy into the "StartUp" folder(lest ye end up with an ill script).

This is likely the most simple straight-forward(for a "Newby") way to do it. ;)

Any questions? ;)

redruby3333

Re: Playing VLC @ Windredows Startup

Postby redruby3333 » 17 Aug 2005 06:55

Newby here sorry for the "potential dumb question" however, I'm trying to setup VLC to play a playlist everytimg windows starts. I have windows set to login automatically i just need the VLC to begin on it's own. Using schedules is okay if i can get the VLC to begin autormatically. Thank you so much for any assistance you can give.

zcot
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Re: Playing VLC @ Windredows Startup

Postby zcot » 17 Aug 2005 07:50

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”