Blu-Ray Support

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
candela
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Blu-Ray Support

Postby candela » 19 Mar 2019 20:36

Hi, ive just bought a BR player and tried to run a BR disc in it. after reading around apparently i need libaacs.dll and libbdplus.dll, but the website where they are hosted seems to be down and possibly no longer available (https://vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name/files/win64/) Does anyone know of an alternate source? ive been searching google for a few hours and all websites and forum posts just rdr back to the aforementioned.
you obviously need to improve your google skills (also stop using google) since the DLLs are available on page 8 of this thread

flummoxed
New Cone
New Cone

Postby flummoxed » 20 Mar 2019 18:15

the website where they are hosted seems to be down and possibly no longer available (https://vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name/files/win64/) Does anyone know of an alternate source?
If you are reasonably quick you could get 2 files from http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... 4/&strip=0

If you are not so quick there is only 1 file available, an older version, from http://web.archive.org/web/201803090831 ... les/win64/

Or candela's post on pg 8 links to http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 4006341231

owenmahamilton
New Cone
New Cone

Postby owenmahamilton » 02 Apr 2019 17:00

Good afternoon, I am new to VLC and have just joined the forum as I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I contacted Videolan about it via email and via twitter but have yet ti hear back from them so thought this might be quicker. I just installed the 64 bit version of VLC 3.0.6 under Windows 10 Home 64 bit and I was able to play a DVD with no problem but when trying to play the Bohemian Rhapsody Bluray, I get the following error message:

Blu-ray error: Missing AACS configuration file! Your input can't be opened: VLC is unable to open the MRL 'bluray:///E:/'. Check the log for details.

I believe I correctly followed the instructions to download the two necessary files to enable Bluray support in the VLC player but something is clearly not correct. I would really appreciate some help solving this problem. Thank you.

owenmahamilton
New Cone
New Cone

Postby owenmahamilton » 03 Apr 2019 07:54

Good afternoon, I am new to VLC and have just joined the forum as I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I contacted Videolan about it via email and via twitter but have yet ti hear back from them so thought this might be quicker. I just installed the 64 bit version of VLC 3.0.6 under Windows 10 Home 64 bit and I was able to play a DVD with no problem but when trying to play the Bohemian Rhapsody Bluray, I get the following error message:

Blu-ray error: Missing AACS configuration file! Your input can't be opened: VLC is unable to open the MRL 'bluray:///E:/'. Check the log for details.

I believe I correctly followed the instructions to download the two necessary files to enable Bluray support in the VLC player but something is clearly not correct. I would really appreciate some help solving this problem. Thank you.
Can anyone help me with this please?

JasonBall34
New Cone
New Cone

Postby JasonBall34 » 08 Apr 2019 12:28

Hello all. I'm new to VLC and blu-ray. I recently bought Star Wars: The Clone Wars, the complete seasons 1-5, on blu-ray. Downloading VLC raw couldn't play it, so of course I downloaded those keydb and libaacs files from that website and that seemed to do it. Beautiful 1080p content playing on PC. But going through the series, I found out that only *half* (7) of the discs play. The other half (7) either have "this disc seems to be encrypted" errors or that standard "No valid processing key found in AACS config file" error, which was what was showing up before I downloaded those library file things.

And it seems very arbitrary which discs play beautifully, and which ones have errors. I'll briefly list them. Season 1, discs 1 and 3, Season 2, discs 1 and 2, Season 3, discs 1 and 3, and Season 4 disc 2, all play great.

Season 1 disc 2, Season 2 disc 3, Season 3 disc 2, Season 4 discs 1 and 3 all show "this disc seems to be encrypted," while Season 5 both discs 1 and 2 has the "No valid processing key found in AACS config file" error. (That, I imagine, could be because unlike the first 4 seasons that put 7-8 episodes per disc, Season 5 has 10 episodes on each disc so it might be a different type of disc or something)

It is very important to me that I can view these discs, any idea what gives? Like I said I'm new so if there's some dumb obvious answer I'm overlooking please forgive me.

nategrey
New Cone
New Cone

Postby nategrey » 16 Apr 2019 21:59

Hi,
using latest nightly build from today (16/04/2019) from 3 branch (not 4), bluray menus are almost unreadable. I can see that a black transparent background is displayed with text inside but end result is that it's almost unreadable. Bluray subtitles are also almost unreadable depending of the scene, I tried to change subtitle settings for font/color/background but it does nothing. Looks like it defaults to some default configuration. The look of the subtitles are close to the text in bluray menu so the root cause of both behavior is perhaps the same.
Did you already face this issue ?
I dumped a log file and console output to help debug this issue.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 19 Apr 2019 07:26

Can you share a screenshot? and logs?
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

EncryptedEggs
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby EncryptedEggs » 21 Apr 2019 00:25

I recently ripped a movie to MKV using MakeMKV. I ripped the DTS HD MA track and the plain DTS track (http://i.imgur.com/B4T6PP3.jpg). In VLC, I can't really tell which is which (http://i.imgur.com/mO2vLRT.jpg). How can I tell which track is DTS HD MA and which is DTS?

nategrey
New Cone
New Cone

Postby nategrey » 28 Apr 2019 23:10

Un exemple du bluray de black panther (le menu est un carre noir et les sous-titres sont illisibles selon les scenes)

Je peux fournir d'autres exemples si besoin. Mon ordi est connecté à ma tv en hdmi avec 4k + hdr.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 29 Apr 2019 15:58

ça ressemble à un bug de video output. Tu peux mettre OpenGL dans les prefs?
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

nategrey
New Cone
New Cone

Postby nategrey » 30 Apr 2019 07:58

Merci. Selectionner opengl permet d'avoir un menu fonctionnel. Cependant, le visionnage du film est impossible après : il y a du son mais l'image est figée. Je pense que mon gpu (j'ai un Athlon 200ge avec gpu intégré) n'est pas utilise en opengl (seul le cpu est utilisé pour décoder ou le gpu mais pas de facon optimale) ou il y a un autre bug, je n'ai pas pris le temps de dumper d'autres logs.

chane
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Zoom & Slow Motion Control of 2K BDs

Postby chane » 27 May 2019 02:34

The first thing I did here https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=106570&start=100
was to search [ zoom control ] but got no hits.

I don't yet have my new desktop but I will want to use it with a Windows player that plays 2K Blu-Ray movie discs and which will allow me slow motion and zoom in control of those 2K BDs, not just DVDs. I would output the video via HDMI to my Sony OLED TV. The audio will be fed to a standalone stereo or multichannel DAC.

Cyberlink support said their player will allow me to have 8 step speed control but it doesn’t allow zoom in control.

Naturally, I prefer a player that has both features.

Does VLC Media player or another player (s) have both zoom and slow motion control enabled when playing BDs.

Please advise.

Lorebot
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Lorebot » 10 Jun 2019 10:23

I've followed instructions on http://vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name/ and VLC is still giving me errors when I try to play 'Made in Abyss' bdr.

Blu-ray error:
No valid processing key found in AACS config file.
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'bluray:///H:/'. Check the log for details.

I don't know where to look for the log file. I found a post detailing how to turn on logging and I followed those instructions but the log file I pointed it to remains blank regardless of what setting of 'verbosity' I use.
I noticed that the last time the files were updated at the vlc-blueray site was 3-2018 and this bluray was released in 8-2018 and i'm wondering if it's not finding a key in the aacs file for it because it's not there and the aacs file needs updating?
Is it possible that this is the problem? And if so, can we expect the aacs file to be updated soon?

Mr Wolf
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby Mr Wolf » 10 Jun 2019 10:58

Hi, your blu-rays won't play because you don't have the decryption keys.
To get them, you can use FindVUK, which you can find here:
[url]https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=172472[/url]
You also need the free version of DVDFab:
[url]https://it.dvdfab.cn/download.htm[/url]

ddeconin
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ddeconin » 24 Jun 2019 19:26

Hi,

When I try to play a Prometheus Blu-Ray I get error: 'Blu-ray error: Your system BD+ decoding library does not work. Missing configuration?'
Other blu-rays I tried so far work fine.

I have the following setup gobbled together by googling around..

- WIN10 - 64 bit
- 64-bit VLC : C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC containing : libaacs.dll 24-06-2019 , libbdplus.dll, libgcrypt , libgpg-error6-0.dll all from 05-09-2016
- C:\Users\I063836\AppData\Roaming\aacs containing KEYDB.cfg updated with FindVUK
- C:\Users\I063836\AppData\Roaming\bdplus dir with files from 2015.
- both aacs and bdplus dirs contain a vm0 dir

Any hints on what's wrong? Some of these files like libbdplus.dll seem to be pretty old. Any recent ones to be found?
If someone has a recent up-to-date list of steps to do to get this working that would be great also!.

D.

main debug: processing request item: bluray:///D:/, node: Playlist, skip: 0
main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist
main debug: rebuild done - 2 items, index 1
main debug: starting playback of new item
main debug: resyncing on bluray:///D:/
main debug: bluray:///D:/ is at 1
main debug: creating new input thread
main debug: Creating an input for 'bluray:///D:/'
main debug: requesting art for new input thread
main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB
main debug: using timeshift path: C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Temp
main debug: `bluray:///D:/' gives access `bluray' demux `any' path `/D:/'
main debug: creating demux: access='bluray' demux='any' location='/D:/' file='D:\'
main debug: looking for access_demux module matching "bluray": 15 candidates
main debug: looking for meta fetcher module matching "any": 1 candidates
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\ME\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetcher
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher
main debug: no meta fetcher modules matched
main debug: looking for art finder module matching "any": 2 candidates
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\ME\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\art
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac
qt debug: IM: Setting an input
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac
main debug: no art finder modules matched
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\ME\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetcher
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\ME\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\art
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac
libbluray info: First play: 1, Top menu: 1 HDMV Titles: 5, BD-J Titles: 86, Other: 0
libbluray debug: Disc is using AACS
libbluray debug: Disc is using BD+
main debug: no access_demux modules matched
main debug: creating access: bluray:///D:/
main debug: (path: D:\)
main debug: looking for access module matching "bluray": 26 candidates
main debug: no access modules matched
main debug: dead input
qt debug: IM: Deleting the input
main debug: changing item without a request (current 1/2)
main debug: nothing to play

Mr Wolf

Postby Mr Wolf » 24 Jun 2019 20:55

I have the same problem with a few blu-rays. The problem is the old libbdplus.dll. I searched for a new version, but I couldn't find a new one so far. :cry:

flummoxed
New Cone
New Cone

Postby flummoxed » 03 Jul 2019 18:45

I have the following setup gobbled together by googling around..

- WIN10 - 64 bit
- 64-bit VLC : C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC containing : libaacs.dll 24-06-2019 , libbdplus.dll, libgcrypt , libgpg-error6-0.dll all from 05-09-2016
- C:\Users\I063836\AppData\Roaming\aacs containing KEYDB.cfg updated with FindVUK
- C:\Users\I063836\AppData\Roaming\bdplus dir with files from 2015.
- both aacs and bdplus dirs contain a vm0 dir

Any hints on what's wrong? Some of these files like libbdplus.dll seem to be pretty old. Any recent ones to be found?
If someone has a recent up-to-date list of steps to do to get this working that would be great also!.

The version on [url]https://vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name/[/url] is dated 25 Mar 2018 so it's newer than your old libbdplus.dll although it looks like you found a newer libaacs.dll already.

There is also candela's post on pg 8 that links to [url]http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=39528375474006341231[/url], the .7z file there contains files (more stuff than at whoknowsmy.name) dated from 2 Aug 2018. I have not yet tried these, and also would wish for more up-to-date instructions.

KeanuKirk
New Cone
New Cone

Postby KeanuKirk » 12 Jul 2019 22:03

I just installed VLC 3.0.7.1. on Windows 10. I ripped one of my bluray discs using MakeMKV's "backup" feature. That seems to retain all the original file system from the BD onto a HD, minus encrypted stuff. I then tried to open the BD using VLC's Open Disc feature, being sure to select Bluray Disc as an option, then selecting the topmost directory level corresponding to the BD backup files. VLC then rapidly cycles through all the files until it finds a playable video file such as with an .MT2S extension. However, nothing I do seems to get it to play the menus. I installed the latest 64bit Java RT thinking that would be necessary. That also didn't help. I thought VLC 3+ supported BR menus?

Did I miss something? (again these are unencrypted)

bebbaboo
New Cone
New Cone

Postby bebbaboo » 17 Jul 2019 00:28

When trying to play an m2ts file that I ripped from a Blu-ray disc, the time slider shows that it is moving, but the screen is black and there is no sound. However if I click on the time slider .. just past the start point .. the video plays perfectly. Is here something that needs to be set? I am running VLC 64-bit version 3.0.7.1. Thank you.

unidan
Developer
Developer

Postby unidan » 17 Jul 2019 09:12

Hi, do you have logs ? can you upload the file somewhere or on streams.videolan.org/upload while opening a ticket on trac.videolan.org?
To help you, we need messages, to completely understand what your problems is.
To fix this, please be sure before you start the playback to:
  1. Open: Tools -> Messages.
  2. Set Verbosity to 2
  3. Start playback to reproduce your issue
  4. Save text in a file or copy into clipboard
  5. Then paste the full resulting log here between [​code]and[​/code] (or use Pastebin.com if it's too long)
Also don't forget to name your Operating System and provide the VLC media player version.

chlika
New Cone
New Cone

Postby chlika » 18 Jul 2019 02:20

I'm so lost guys....
All the things i've tried didn't work so far

Here's where i am :
I'm using Win 10 64 bits but have installed VLC 3.0.7.1 32 bits

I'm tring to display a genuine BR disk and got the error message "VLC requires an AACS library..." (sorry if it's not the exact english sentence and i'm translating it from french)

Anyway, the thing is that i've downloaded the latest files from https://vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name/ but i can't seem to make it work

I have tried to activate vlc logs with a verbosity level 2 but the file is empty

Isn't there some kind of procedure with latest all the up-to-date step by step because i'm merely impossible to check all the posts from this thread and just merge the usefull information :(

trauma
New Cone
New Cone

Postby trauma » 03 Aug 2019 16:54

I just upgraded to 3.0.7.1 (Windows 10), and cannot play DVDs or Blurays - I just tried a Bluray that used to work, and got the following errors. I have created the aacs folder, and copied the config and dll to it:

main debug: processing request item: dvd:///D:/, node: Playlist, skip: 0
main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist
main debug: rebuild done - 2 items, index 1
main debug: starting playback of new item
main debug: resyncing on dvd:///D:/
main debug: dvd:///D:/ is at 1
main debug: creating new input thread
main debug: Creating an input for 'dvd:///D:/'
main debug: requesting art for new input thread
main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB
main debug: using timeshift path: C:\Users\ftrau\AppData\Local\Temp
main debug: `dvd:///D:/' gives access `dvd' demux `any' path `/D:/'
main debug: creating demux: access='dvd' demux='any' location='/D:/' file='D:\'
main debug: looking for access_demux module matching "dvd": 15 candidates
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\ftrau\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetcher
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\ftrau\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\art
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac
lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\ftrau\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetcher
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\ftrau\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\art
lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac
lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac
qt debug: IM: Setting an input
dvdnav warning: cannot open DVD (D:)
dvdread warning: cannot open VMG info
main debug: no access_demux modules matched
main debug: creating access: dvd:///D:/
main debug: (path: D:\)
main debug: looking for access module matching "dvd": 26 candidates
main debug: no access modules matched
main debug: dead input
qt debug: IM: Deleting the input
main debug: changing item without a request (current 1/2)
main debug: nothing to play

danhinsley
New Cone
New Cone

Postby danhinsley » 03 Aug 2019 17:51

In case a second log would be helpful. This is on Windows 10 Home with VLC 3.0.7.1

Code: Select all

main debug: processing request item: dvd:///D:/, node: Playlist, skip: 0 main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist main debug: rebuild done - 1 items, index 0 main debug: starting playback of new item main debug: resyncing on dvd:///D:/ main debug: dvd:///D:/ is at 0 main debug: creating new input thread main debug: Creating an input for 'dvd:///D:/' main debug: requesting art for new input thread main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB main debug: using timeshift path: C:\Users\danhi\AppData\Local\Temp main debug: `dvd:///D:/' gives access `dvd' demux `any' path `/D:/' main debug: creating demux: access='dvd' demux='any' location='/D:/' file='D:\' main debug: looking for access_demux module matching "dvd": 15 candidates main debug: looking for meta fetcher module matching "any": 1 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\danhi\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetcher lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher main debug: no meta fetcher modules matched main debug: looking for art finder module matching "any": 2 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\danhi\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\art lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac main debug: no art finder modules matched main debug: looking for meta fetcher module matching "any": 1 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\danhi\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\fetcher lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\fetcher main debug: no meta fetcher modules matched main debug: looking for art finder module matching "any": 2 candidates lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Users\danhi\AppData\Roaming\vlc\lua\meta\art lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\00_musicbrainz.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\01_googleimage.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\02_frenchtv.luac lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\meta\art\03_lastfm.luac main debug: no art finder modules matched qt debug: IM: Setting an input dvdnav warning: cannot open DVD (D:) dvdread warning: cannot open VMG info main debug: no access_demux modules matched main debug: creating access: dvd:///D:/ main debug: (path: D:\) main debug: looking for access module matching "dvd": 26 candidates main debug: no access modules matched main debug: dead input qt debug: IM: Deleting the input main debug: changing item without a request (current 0/1) main debug: nothing to play

wul62
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby wul62 » 28 Aug 2019 08:05

When playing Blu-Ray from HDD the buttons 'Play movie' 'Select An Episode' 'Stu-up options' (etc.) don't work.
Windows 10 x64 (1809 build 17763.529)
Portable VLC v.3.08

No difference whether I first launch VLC then drag and drop the folder into VLC
or have VLC open folder (Media -> Open Folder).

Normal DVD from HDD: no problem.

Note: when you wait long enough, maybe 1-2 minutes, it will skip the main menu and start playing the Blu-Ray anyway.

Later...:
I installed the lastest VLC x64 so as to see whether same occurs with that (installed) version.
Regretfully: same problem.

MCKitch
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 3.0.18 Vetinari
Operating System: Windows

Postby MCKitch » 09 Sep 2019 14:46

I just installed VLC 3.0.7.1. on Windows 10. I ripped one of my bluray discs using MakeMKV's "backup" feature. That seems to retain all the original file system from the BD onto a HD, minus encrypted stuff. I then tried to open the BD using VLC's Open Disc feature, being sure to select Bluray Disc as an option, then selecting the topmost directory level corresponding to the BD backup files. VLC then rapidly cycles through all the files until it finds a playable video file such as with an .MT2S extension. However, nothing I do seems to get it to play the menus. I installed the latest 64bit Java RT thinking that would be necessary. That also didn't help. I thought VLC 3+ supported BR menus?

Did I miss something? (again these are unencrypted)
Hi,

Just catching up on the these posts. Not sure if this will help but here goes... My understanding of the 'Open Disc' feature is that you need a BD ripped to an ISO (disc image) file. Not sure if MakeMKV's 'backup' feature does that. At any rate, once you have the ISO file, you actually don't need to use the 'Open Disc' feature, at least with the Vetinari (3.0.8 ) version that I'm using. VLC 'understands' ISO BD image files and 'should' (at least in my experience) just handle all the virtual disc loading stuff transparently and present you with the 'real disc player' experience (notwithstanding any encryption issues - but that's another story).

My advice to you is to upgrade to 3.0.8 (if you haven't already done so) and try to just 'file open' the (BD) ISO image file and see what happens.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”