No display on screen capture

Feature requests for VLC.
Christian

No display on screen capture

Postby Christian » 05 Jan 2004 11:38

We have some problems to execute differents screen capture in Windows XP, with Acdsee 5.0 or Paint Shop Pro for examples, all the screen is right but not the play window who stay black during the screen capture, I don't found where I can change the overlay option perhaps this can change my display. Your Soft is very nice. Thank you for all. A french answer is welcome.

zorglub
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby zorglub » 05 Jan 2004 11:56

Hello,

In Preferences-->General Options-->Video, you have an overlay option.
Zorglub
Clément Stenac

Jazzster11
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Jazzster11 » 08 Feb 2007 19:06

I am extremely new to this software and this forum (as of 5 minutes ago actually,) and I was hoping to get help understanding why my screenshot tool does not seem to save an image anywhere. I changed the output directory under settings to several different location, and I tried PNG as well as JPEG and still haven't had any luck. Also, I tried simply using a Print Screen command, but the play area is transparent when I past it into Photoshop (and yes, i did disable the overlay option which did not fix the issue.) I was told that this software would have no issues with this function, so I'm guessing that I've missed something. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Alex

wmsstahl
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby wmsstahl » 24 Mar 2007 09:58

hello,

I have just installed the version 0.86 on a winxp pro sp2 operating system and have trouble with one feature: I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong whilst trying to make a screenshot of a video-file at a specific spot in different modes ...

one screenshot in original size of the video and one screenshot in fullscreenmode would sufice.

however it refuses to either no matter how hard i try. i reconfigured the directory where the player is supposed to save the screenshot to, but somehow i am stuck because no screenshot is made or rather more saved.

i also tried to give the screenshot-function a new hotkey (ctrl+y) for easy use but either that does not work or it does but the general screenshotfunction doesn't ... i tried it over the menu and in every possible way i could think of but sofar without success.

this function would be vital for me, as many video-files i have i require screenshots of different spots constantly. i have tried using an alternative programme like media-player-classic but that somehow does not do it either ...

the trouble is if someone now replies to this question then it would be extremly helpfull if they could also just write what i must check and where i must check it for the german language edition ... meaning:

not: preferences -> whatever
but: einstellungen -> wasauchimmer

By the way I just found out something about the screenshot problem:

If i clone the videoimage then I can make screenshots but if there is just one videooutput then i can't make the screenshot. meaning if there are two videooutputs of the same video-file then it works but if there is only one output it does not work. ...

so what am i missing or doing wrong ?

thanks for help and tips.

kind regards

duron
New Cone
New Cone

Postby duron » 15 May 2007 19:27

wmsstahl
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby wmsstahl » 15 May 2007 20:42

hello,

thank you duron.

kind regards

wmsstahl
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby wmsstahl » 15 May 2007 20:48

hello,

thank you duron.

kind regards

wmsstahl
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

hello,

thank you duron.

kind regards

wmsstahl
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

hello,

thank you duron.

kind regards

CloudStalker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: OVER 9000!!!
Operating System: It's...blue screen
Location: Heaven? No no. What's that other place that starts with an "H"? Oh yes: Home. ^_^

Postby CloudStalker » 15 May 2007 22:28

Is this the new wave of spam or something? :roll:

vlc_fan-01

Postby vlc_fan-01 » 22 May 2007 21:24

what about also adding the ability for thumbnail snapshots, so snapping a movie to a thumbnail gallerie image in jog or png

DanielSmith
New Cone
New Cone

Postby DanielSmith » 21 Jun 2007 11:17

may be it is useful when you have a long list of movies and you want to make a website to list them.

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”