VLC and commercial software (License Evolution)

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
mlambert
New Cone
New Cone

VLC and commercial software (License Evolution)

Postby mlambert » 30 Jan 2007 11:20

Hi everybody,

I'm the technical manager of the DDREAM project from Worldsat and like more and more industrial company, we are working very hard on TV entertainment solution.
The DDREAM project is made of 2 parts, the first one is the Set top Box and the second one is the "Digital Media Center" (PC Software).
DMC use the transcoding capability of various software like VLC, Nero, Dscaler or other with various licenses.
We do everything to respect the GPL conditions and we do not integrate inside our installer the VLC program.
We would like to offert a better and easyer way to make install DMC without violate the GPL license.
If you want to answer to me that I just need to change our license to GPL, we cannot because we need a commercial license for the commercial specific parts of our differents partenairs.
So, I would like to know how we can do to propose one installer to our client with VLC included.

Thank you

e6964822
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

---

Postby e6964822 » 02 Feb 2007 10:02

I have interest to read the answer of this forum conversation. For this reason
I put this post for receive answers in mails.

I think that for the register users will must can follow one forum conversation without put a post.

Thank you

I LOVE VLC

fkuehne
Developer
Developer
VLC version: 0.4.6 - present
Operating System: Darwin

Postby fkuehne » 02 Feb 2007 10:35

@e6964822: You can do so by clicking "Watch this topic for replies" on the bottom left on every forum page.

@mlambert: I won't comment on this without prior talk with other members of our team. You may want to mail videolan@videolan.org though, as this private mailing list is a better place than the forum to discuss this kind of things.
VideoLAN
Felix Paul Kühne
Medic. VLC developer for appleOS since before you were born.
Blog: https://www.feepk.net

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”