Compilation Error for VLC with enable-qt (qfiledialog.h err)

*nix specific usage questions
ChrisCCF
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Compilation Error for VLC with enable-qt (qfiledialog.h err)

Postby ChrisCCF » 30 Jan 2007 06:19

In my project, I need a software to do vedio streaming in an evaluation board with s3c2410 arm prossessor.

Since I use qt-embedded for developing the gui platform for the system, I would like to let vlc running on qvfb in the Linux first. But I have certain error associated with qfiledialog.h

I am using Redhat9.0 without qt-3 installed with the package.

The qt software I am using:

qt-embedded-2.3.10
qtopia-2.1.1

The friends software used with the VLC software is

SDL-1.2.11
mad-0.14.2b
vlc-0.4.6

here is the configure of vlc
./configure --target=arm-linux --prefix=/usr/local/arm/ --disable-dvd --disable-dvdread --disable-freetype --disable-dvbpsi --disable-vcd --enable-vorbis --disable-plugins --enable-sout --disable-directx --disable-waveout --disable-macosx --enable-sdl --with-sdl-config-path=/sdl/bin --disable-fb --disable-xvideo --disable-gtk --enable-mad --with-mad-tree=/project/mad/ --disable-ffmpeg --disable-dvdplay --disable-ogg --disable-mkv --disable-a52 --disable-slp --disable-libmpeg2 --disable-x11 --disable-wxwindows --enable-qt

When it starts to make with qt-include, it displays the problem

gcc -DSYS_LINUX -finline-limit-30000 -Wall -Winline -pipe -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D__USE_UNIX98 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/MediaPlayers/VLC-host/VLC-Exe/share/locale\" -DDATA_PATH=\"/usr/MediaPlayers/VLC-host/VLC-Exe/share/videolan\" -DPLUGIN_PATH=\"/usr/MediaPlayers/VLC-host/VLC-Exe/lib/videolan/vlc\" -Iinclude -Iextras -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -O3 -ffast-math -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -mcpu=pentiumpro -D__VLC__ -D__BUILTIN__ -I../../include -I../../extras -I/usr/include/qt -I/usr/etc/QTE2.3.10-host/qt-2.3.10/include -I/usr/etc/QTX3.3.7/qt-x11-free-3.3.7/include -DMODULE_NAME=qt -DMODULE_NAME_IS_qt -c qt.cpp -o qt.o.qt
gcc -DSYS_LINUX -finline-limit-30000 -Wall -Winline -pipe -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D__USE_UNIX98 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/MediaPlayers/VLC-host/VLC-Exe/share/locale\" -DDATA_PATH=\"/usr/MediaPlayers/VLC-host/VLC-Exe/share/videolan\" -DPLUGIN_PATH=\"/usr/MediaPlayers/VLC-host/VLC-Exe/lib/videolan/vlc\" -Iinclude -Iextras -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -O3 -ffast-math -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -mcpu=pentiumpro -D__VLC__ -D__BUILTIN__ -I../../include -I../../extras -I/usr/include/qt -I/usr/etc/QTE2.3.10-host/qt-2.3.10/include -I/usr/etc/QTX3.3.7/qt-x11-free-3.3.7/include -DMODULE_NAME=qt -DMODULE_NAME_IS_qt -c intf_qt.cpp -o intf_qt.o.qt
intf_qt.cpp: In member function `void IntfWindow::FileOpen()':
intf_qt.cpp:389: no method `QFileDialog::getOpenFileName'
make[1]: *** [intf_qt.o.qt] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/MediaPlayers/VLC-host/vlc-0.4.6/plugins/qt'
make: *** [plugins/qt.a] Error 2

It seems that vlc compilation don't recognize the script QFileDialog::getOpenFileName.

I confirmed that class fcn QFileDialog::getOpenFileName is in qfiledialog.h in $QTDIR/include.

Could anyone help me to solve the problem? Thank you very much!

ChrisCCF
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby ChrisCCF » 31 Jan 2007 16:43

I have solved this problem. And thus sharing the result.

This error comes with the not probably compiled qte QFileDialog option.

In the qte/include, there is a file called qfeatures.h

Have a look to the script of QFileDialog.

The MACRO which needed in the QFileDialog of the qfeatures.h should be disabled in the qconfig-???.h files used in the compilation of qte.

recompile the qte and it works again.

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”