VLS 0.5.7 compilation

Discussion on the (deprecated) VideoLAN Server application as well as the miniSAPserver stream announcer. This is not about VLC!
Forum rules
Please do not post VLC related questions in this forum category. See the Forum Rules for more information.
Albert
Cone that earned his stripes

VLS 0.5.7 compilation

Postby Albert » 28 Jan 2007 14:22

Hello,
for those who still need to use VLS - svn version i compilable under Kubuntu 6.10
gcc version 4.1.2 20060928 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.1-13ubuntu5)

already installed:
automake1.9
libtool (1.5.22)
libdvbpsi4
libdvbpsi3
libdvbpsi3-dev

./bootstrap
and

Code: Select all

./configure --enable-dvb --disable-dvd --with-dvb=/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.17/drivers/media/dvb/ --with-libdvb=/path/to/libdvb-0.2.2/ --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=i686-pc-linux-gnu
and

global configuration -------------------- system : linux-gnu architecture : i686 debug : 0 profiling : 0 vls configuration ----------------- vls version : 0.5.7-svn debug mode : 0 system logging : 1 daemon mode : 1 built-in modules : filechannel netchannel filereader ts2ts ps2ts localinput videoinput dummyinterface telnetinterface nativeinterface unixinterface normaltrickplay tcpinput tcpreader plug-in modules : pvrreader dvbinput dvbreader
and make

./vls -help VideoLAN Server 0.5.7-svn (Jan 28 2007) - (c) 1999-2003 VideoLAN vls [options] target options: -v --verbose verbosity (v, vv, vvv) -h --help display this help -d <ip[:port]> --destination ip and port destination -f <file> --file <file> configuration file -t <number> --ttl <number> ttl value -l --loop looping at end of program --log <file> log to <file> target: dvd:<device> for streaming of a dvd dvd:<dir> for streaming of a dvd stored on hard drive file:<file> for streaming of a file dvb:<channel> for streaming of a dvb channel
I have a problem with v4l. Option --enable-v4l --with-ffmpeg=/path/to/ffmpeg/trunk/ doesn't work - problem with "Missing header file ffmpeg/avcodec.h" :-( I will try Google.

Albert

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 28 Jan 2007 17:58

Why do you use VLS and not VLC ?
VLS is deprecated.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

Albert

why

Postby Albert » 28 Jan 2007 18:46

Hello,
I use both. VLS is used in old server since ... and I am lazy to change it (but I will). And I try to "play" with VLS because there are many things to learn about and it is not so complex as VLC.
Albert

Return to “VideoLAN Server and miniSAPserver”