How to generate sdp file by vlc

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
ificanfly99
New Cone
New Cone

How to generate sdp file by vlc

Postby ificanfly99 » 12 Sep 2006 11:25

hi,everyone,

I want to know how to generate a sdp file by vlc when vlc works as streaming server. I read the vlc help but get nothing these informatioin.
Do you have this kind of experience to generate a sdp?
I heard that the sdp generated by vlc is not the standard sdp,is that true?

Thanks very much for your help.

sjensen
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby sjensen » 12 Sep 2006 15:56

I use VLC with Darwin Streaming Server (from apple) and it generates a proper sdp file for me no problem.

Code: Select all

root@ubuntu:~# cat StartStream.sh #!/bin/bash clear # $1 = sdp file name, put in /usr/local/movies # $2 = ip to broadcast udp to # $3 = port to broadcast udp to echo \$1 should be the sdp file name \(foo.sdp\) echo \$2 should be the IP to send the UDP stream to \(the ip of the DSS box\) echo \$3 should be the port to broadcast to on the DSS box echo "" echo Example: StartStream.sh live.sdp 172.16.205.161 1234 echo "" if [ -z $1 ] then echo Missing argument\(s\) echo "" exit 0 fi if [ -z $2 ] then echo Missing argument\(s\) echo "" exit 0 fi if [ -z $3 ] then echo Missing argument\(s\) echo "" exit 0 fi echo " " echo " " echo Don\'t forget to copy /usr/local/movies/$1 to the /home/darwin/movies echo directory on the darwin server OUTPUT=`echo '#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=400}:rtp{dst=DESTIP,port=DESTPORT,sdp=fi le:///usr/local/movies/SDP}' | sed s/SDP/$1/g | sed s/DESTIP/$2/g | sed s/DESTPO RT/$3/g` echo vlc -I dummy v4l:/dev/video0:size=320x240 --no-audio --sout $OUTPUT vlc -I dummy v4l:/dev/video0:size=320x240 --no-audio --sout $OUTPUT
[/code]

ificanfly99
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ificanfly99 » 13 Sep 2006 07:26

Thanks very much for your help! I get it!

northbiker
New Cone
New Cone

Postby northbiker » 06 Jan 2007 19:01

Hi everybody,
I try to broadcast from my laptop to a server with darwin on the internet.
Your script help me but I cannot find how I have to configure darwin to get broadcast work.
My purpoose is to put a link like http://server:port/live.sdp (or rtsp) on a webpage to be able to view my stream.

I think I'm not so far but I can't get it

timothe

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”