freetype bug

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
roytam1
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

freetype bug

Postby roytam1 » 09 Jun 2004 15:08

the freetype library which vlc using has bug with some M$ ttf, as pic shown(aware the subtitle):

/EDIT: Typo.

/EDIT #2: or, if possible, use libfreetype-xtt2 to process the fonts( http://x-tt.sourceforge.jp )

Sigmund
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sigmund » 10 Jun 2004 10:42

I'm very sorry, but I don't see any way I can fix that. btw, vlc uses only libfreetype2, and no xtt at all. I'm no expert at what xtt is so I can't easily tell the difference (the page linked to didn't either). And I don't speak japanese or chinese, so it's nearly imposible to tell if I got it right if I really tried.

roytam1
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby roytam1 » 10 Jun 2004 11:21

I'm very sorry, but I don't see any way I can fix that. btw, vlc uses only libfreetype2, and no xtt at all. I'm no expert at what xtt is so I can't easily tell the difference (the page linked to didn't either). And I don't speak japanese or chinese, so it's nearly imposible to tell if I got it right if I really tried.
I don't know which version of freetype vlc is using so I just paste a website containing freetype2 patches:
http://firefly.idv.tw/setfont-xft/patches/freetype/
the "old" directory contains older version of patch for older version of freetype2

and also, does the bytecode interprepter of freetype2 enabled? It should be enabled for some.CJK fonts

roytam1
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby roytam1 » 15 Jun 2004 06:35

....and vlc's freetype seems without hinting support, so please apply the patch.

Sigmund
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Sigmund » 16 Jun 2004 18:28

Vlc uses the freetype installed on your system, unless you are talking about some specific binary release (in which case you should allways tell version and os as stated in the sticky notice at the top of this forum).

roytam1
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby roytam1 » 17 Jun 2004 03:49

Vlc uses the freetype installed on your system, unless you are talking about some specific binary release (in which case you should allways tell version and os as stated in the sticky notice at the top of this forum).
I test this with latest win32 nightly build

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”