Problems with cygwin compilation - vlc.exe problem

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
mgreene
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Problems with cygwin compilation - vlc.exe problem

Postby mgreene » 11 Dec 2006 17:01

Installed cygwin and the 0.8.5 vlc and contribs snapshots. Used this config file, as given in the developers help for cygwin, gc++:

Code: Select all

./bootstrap && \ PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/win32/lib/pkgconfig \ CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/win32/include -I/usr/win32/include/ebml" \ LDFLAGS=-L/usr/win32/lib \ CC="gcc -mno-cygwin" CXX="g++ -mno-cygwin" \ ./configure \ --disable-gtk \ --enable-nls --enable-sdl --with-sdl-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \ --enable-ffmpeg --with-ffmpeg-mp3lame --with-ffmpeg-faac \ --with-ffmpeg-zlib --enable-faad --enable-flac --enable-theora \ --with-wx-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \ --with-freetype-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \ --with-fribidi-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \ --enable-live555 --with-live555-tree=/usr/win32/live.com \ --enable-caca --with-caca-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \ --with-xml2-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \ --with-dvdnav-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \ --disable-cddax --disable-vcdx --enable-goom \ --enable-twolame --enable-dvdread \ --enable-debug
was able to get config to work (after running dos2unix on it - created it with notepad). Ran make, and created a vlc.exe. One thing I noticed is that the previously installed vlc.exe is only 91K whereas this new one I compiled is over 11Mb. Must be the static versus dynamic linking thing?

Anyways, when copying the newly compiled vlc.exe to my original install directory, it bombs immediately upon trying to start it either via the gui or command line. All I want to do is replicate the compilation necessary to recreate the default 0.8.5 downloaded version.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”