Error with wxwidgets

*nix specific usage questions
torx
New Cone
New Cone

Error with wxwidgets

Postby torx » 06 Dec 2006 14:38

I am able to compile successfully (VLC SVN), using

./configure --with-ffmpeg-tree=../ffmpeg --enable-faad --with-faad-tree=../faad2-20040923 --enable-esd --enable-flac --enable-theora --enable-libvc1 --with-libvc1-tree=../libvc1-1.0 --disable-hal --enable-wxwidgets --disable-wxwindows

do note that it was only possible to compile after adding "--enable-wxwidgets --disable-wxwindows".

upon launching, vlc seems fine. however, i cannot open any window dialogs. Videos can run, albeit sluggishly.

Code: Select all

torx@torx:~/videolan/vlc-trunk$ vlc VLC media player 0.9.0-svn Grishenko [00000577] main dialogs provider error: no dialogs provider module matched "any" [00000574] skins2 interface error: no suitable dialogs provider found (hint: compile the wxWidgets plugin, and make sure it is loaded properly) [00000574] skins2 interface: skin: VLC 0.8.5 Default Skin author: aLtgLasS [00000633] message access warning: message queue overflowed [00000653] main dialogs provider error: no dialogs provider module matched "any" [00000574] skins2 interface error: no suitable dialogs provider found (hint: compile the wxWidgets plugin, and make sure it is loaded properly) [00000654] main dialogs provider error: no dialogs provider module matched "any" [00000574] skins2 interface error: no suitable dialogs provider found (hint: compile the wxWidgets plugin, and make sure it is loaded properly)

Solutions i have tried:
1. "--disable-skins2", does not disable the skin somehow.
2. install all possible wxwidgets/wxgtk/wxwindows package.
3. I have tried adding /usr/local/lib to ld.so.conf, and ran ldconfig.

i am running ubuntu edgy.

please throw me some advise.

thanks in advance.

funman
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: All of them

Postby funman » 06 Dec 2006 16:24

remove the --disable-wxwindows, and recompile
because wxwindows is equivalent to wxwidgets, it just means that their name changed

so --disable-wxwindows means you disabled the wxwidgets interface

torx
New Cone
New Cone

Postby torx » 07 Dec 2006 09:01

remove the --disable-wxwindows, and recompile
because wxwindows is equivalent to wxwidgets, it just means that their name changed

so --disable-wxwindows means you disabled the wxwidgets interface
Hi, thanks for response.

I did what you recommended, however, my make fails with

Code: Select all

make[6]: *** [libwxwidgets_plugin.la] Error 1 make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/torx/videolan/vlc-trunk/modules/gui/wxwidgets' make[5]: *** [all-modules] Error 1 make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/torx/videolan/vlc-trunk/modules/gui/wxwidgets' make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/torx/videolan/vlc-trunk/modules/gui' make[3]: *** [all] Error 2 make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/torx/videolan/vlc-trunk/modules/gui' make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/torx/videolan/vlc-trunk/modules' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/torx/videolan/vlc-trunk' make: *** [all] Error 2
how can i go about solving this wxwidgets issue? i have installed every single package with relation to wxwidgets/wxgtk/wxwindows in my package manager.

GiantDwarf
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby GiantDwarf » 08 Dec 2006 08:28

Have you configured the wxwidgets lib with:

./configure --enable-unicode --with-x11

before compiling? I had the same problems. After recompiling the wxwidgets withe the above mentioned configuration and the following additional switches to configure vlc everything will be fine.

--enable-wxwidgets --with-wx-config-path=/folder_to/wxWidgets-2.6.3 \
--enable-skins \
--enable-skins2 \

bye

xtophe
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby xtophe » 09 Dec 2006 01:38

@torx

the interesting line in your compile line are the 2 or three line before make[6]: *** [libwxwidgets_plugin.la] Error 1
Xtophe

torx
New Cone
New Cone

Postby torx » 09 Dec 2006 05:41

before compiling? I had the same problems. After recompiling the wxwidgets withe the above mentioned configuration and the following additional switches to configure vlc everything will be fine.

--enable-skins \
--enable-skins2 \

bye
All my wxwidgets were installed from package manager, so i cannot do any configurations.

Should i remove it and compile it myself instead? Which version should i use?

feinom
New Cone
New Cone

Postby feinom » 10 Dec 2006 06:24

--enable-skins \
--enable-skins2 \

bye
It worked! That was exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much :-)

BrianBin
New Cone
New Cone

Postby BrianBin » 07 Mar 2007 23:24

What will happen when "wx-config --unicode=no"??

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”