Request for windows version of VLC

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
adam0509
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Request for windows version of VLC

Postby adam0509 » 03 Dec 2006 22:14

Hi,

I love VLC, but there's things I absolutey hate on the default VLC skin :

-The volume bar is not very precise. (And you cannot remote it whis the middle mouse button)
-When you click somewhere further, it jump to a part.

I honnestly think it's a major problem, that no Windows XP users like to get...
So, for now I try to change skin, but I don't understand how to make the skin as default when the program is launched...

By the way, more default skins would be welcome (3-4 like "Blissta" who is very good)

French :

Saluteuh !

Je kiff grave VLC (sa mère !), mais il y a des trucs que je déteste dans le skin par défaut :

-La barre du volume est imprécise (et il n'est pas possible de piloter le volume avec la molette)
-Quand on clique plus loin, ça saute de plusieurs minutes... pas du tout pratique ça !

Je pense honnetement que ce sont 2 petits defauts majeur qu'aucun utilisateur de Windows XP n'aime avoir...
Pour l'instant j'esseye de palier au défaut en utilisant d'autres skins, mais je comprend pas comment faire en sorte que le skin soit lancé au démarrage...

Par ailleurs, plus de skins pré-installé (3-4 genre Blissta qui est vraiment bien), ce serais cool aussi :)

Trax
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Request for windows version of VLC

Postby Trax » 03 Dec 2006 23:52

-The volume bar is not very precise. (And you cannot remote it whis the middle mouse button)
-When you click somewhere further, it jump to a part.
Both are related to a current limitation in the wxWidgets interface (jumps to 10% intervals) and is being addressed in the upcoming 0.9.0 version in a brand new qt4 interface where you can "go where you click".

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 04 Dec 2006 00:07

In your start menu VideoLAN folder you were provided many shortcuts. One should me marked VLC media player (skins). Use it to open VLC. When VLC opens go to preferences and press Save. Then close the player. Now make a new Shortcut with nothing after VLC.EXE IE NO Options. You can now select your skin and configure it if necessary.

funman
Developer
Developer
VLC version: master
Operating System: All of them

Postby funman » 04 Dec 2006 15:30

for the default skins, vlc will include only one skin to not increase the size too much

french:

pense à ceux qui n'ont qu'un 56k ;)

adam0509
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby adam0509 » 04 Dec 2006 22:09

okay thanks guys :)
for the default skins, vlc will include only one skin to not increase the size too much

french:

pense à ceux qui n'ont qu'un 56k ;)
So, maybe a little pack with the "top 10" of the skins ? :)

EDIT :

no key shortchut for Double Size ??? :[ :[

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”