Un-smooth playback

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
ssstonebraker
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ssstonebraker » 13 Nov 2006 19:25

Well i finally got so fed up with the video frame freezing (while audio continued to play) when i tried to seek Divx & Xvid files in MPC that I have decided to make the switch to VLC! I am proud to say that i am really liking it (especially the shortcut keys to seek playback)!

Kickass. You guys now have another supporter =).

FrankT
New Cone
New Cone

Postby FrankT » 18 Feb 2007 19:55

So, as i understand it right, the choppy playback problem isn't still resolved, right? I just wanted to switch from ZoomPlayer to VLC because i really seems to be a wonderful piece of software.
But the choppiness in playback is really disturbing. Zoomplayer plays perfectly. Can I perhaps help by testing some thing on my machine?
(WinXP)

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 19 Feb 2007 22:25

So, as i understand it right, the choppy playback problem isn't still resolved, right? I just wanted to switch from ZoomPlayer to VLC because i really seems to be a wonderful piece of software.
But the choppiness in playback is really disturbing. Zoomplayer plays perfectly. Can I perhaps help by testing some thing on my machine?
(WinXP)
Perhaps reading this post from the beginning before posting to it can help you to understand the issues???

Dimmeys Jeff
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Dimmeys Jeff » 22 Feb 2007 02:10

Have you selected DMA playback in your IDE Channel properties in the Device Manager?

I recently installed a DVD recorder, and apparently the default data transfer mode setting under the Windows Device mgr is "PIO only". Changing it to "DMA if available" immediately fixed the problem of jerky playback. Simple!

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”