Support for Infrared Remote passthrough

Feature requests for VLC.
wtbman
New Cone
New Cone

Support for Infrared Remote passthrough

Postby wtbman » 14 Oct 2006 11:18

I have been searching with no luck for a way to transmit remote control signals from any tv remote through an ir reciever on my pc through the internet to another pc and out from an ir reciever to my tv. If this could be implemented into vlc you would have a completely functional remote tv something like what a slingbox does. The vlc client/server could connect to the ir recievers and just pass those signals through so that vlc could be used like a tv as if you were actually there with the original remote control.

I already stream my sattelite tv throught the internet to another location but I can't change the channel obviously...

Any such solution already exist? / Could this be implemented?

robc
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby robc » 16 Oct 2006 12:20

While there are means for remote control command code inteception (Zenith Superport, Philips Smartport, etc and IR receptors/blasters) with respect to digital media control, these means are limited to hospitality IPTV set-top boxes (Tilgin Mood 200, Amino 110H) and exceptionally unlikely to be incorporated into any software application platform (because of the wide variety of implementations and protocols).

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”