easy acces to subtitles / automatically opened subtitles

Feature requests for VLC.
bwwd
New Cone
New Cone

easy acces to subtitles / automatically opened subtitles

Postby bwwd » 06 Oct 2006 15:12

These features are still not in and im wondering why , its the most annoying thing if i must click click click and click so many times to go thru menus to load a subtitle , guys i think something should be done to change this thing. just small where play/open etc. icons are which lets you to open subtitles during playin the movie , thats all,it would be VERY NICE.Thank you.

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 06 Oct 2006 15:30

That's already been changed in the developement version. Wait for the next release :) (not sure if it'll be in the 0.8.6 bugfix release or only in the big 0.9.0 release)
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

bwwd
New Cone
New Cone

Postby bwwd » 06 Oct 2006 17:49

i love you if it will be in next release.
this is best player available for now but his weird implementation of file loaders makes him too complicated and frustrating sometimes.
Oh by the way , and default arial font for win version would be sweet too , cause in official build you must setup font yourself to make subtitles appear.In other players its good that you dont have to go thru setups/options to make subtitles working ok , i know that its multiple OS project but something like this will only get you more happy users cause i bet that many guys wondered how to set up subtitles and just left this player and choose other one-simpler one.Its something more than just movie player but with some small addidtions it could be best movie player available without need to install shitty codecs all the time for the movies.
Also i wanted to ask about something... sometimes player dont play the movie , maybe dont support the codec , but in other player with installed codecs this movie works OK , so i wanted to ask if VLC player could check also system for available codecs and use them to play the movie if codecs are missing from his own "base" ?

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 07 Oct 2006 13:02

VLC can't (and will never) use external codecs, due to licensing issues. As for the default font, i'll see what we can do.
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

bwwd
New Cone
New Cone

Postby bwwd » 14 Oct 2006 23:09

Damn this program shocked me a little , i was never able to capture video bigger than 400 pixels in "Y" but with vlc i captured 640x480 without dropping frames , im really impressive , now im showing all of my friends what you program can do with all his streaming,transcoding features.
Ive got one suggestion , what about AVI encapsulation while capturing or transcoding ? I must write it manually every time when i want to capture avi from my tuner , why avi is not available as option to choose from ? It could be nice addition too.
Also when i go to "Configure" tuner options in VLC capture menu then im not able to move anything , i cant change format or source , only thing which im able to do is alt+f4 to close this submenu.Why ? Its not working yet or its not working with my Zoltrix TV MAX card ?
One more important thing... option "interface showing control interface" is turned off by default , but should be turned on because there are so many lazy peoples around and they would like to rewind videos with the mouse instead of keyboard like me.This makes me think that many useful options in this great player are hided , im wondering why ?

Return to “VLC media player Feature Requests”