Dvd playback problems

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
LUNDY
New Cone
New Cone

Dvd playback problems

Postby LUNDY » 28 Sep 2006 01:18

Cany understand why, but since today when i try and play vob files or dvds in vlc the playback is very jerky,

The files play fine on other players but not vlc, installed v6 of vlc (a very old one) and the video playsback very smoothly as it should do.

But the newer version wont work all of a sudden now and i can figure out why.

Have played the files in other players and they play fine so its nothing to do with the files themselves.

And i cant think what could be causing this as i have not changed anything to me knowledge in the last 2 days on my pc

Thanks in advance

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 28 Sep 2006 09:05

Reset your preferences.
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

LUNDY
New Cone
New Cone

Postby LUNDY » 28 Sep 2006 12:40

Reset your preferences.

Tried it, doesnt fix the problem

Jean-Baptiste Kempf
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
VLC version: 4.0.0-git
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac

Postby Jean-Baptiste Kempf » 28 Sep 2006 13:25

Did you also removed the vlc folder ?
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/category/Videolan
VLC media player developer, VideoLAN President and Sites administrator
If you want an answer to your question, just be specific and precise. Don't use Private Messages.

LUNDY
New Cone
New Cone

Postby LUNDY » 28 Sep 2006 15:41

Did you also removed the vlc folder ?
No, which vlc folder do you meen m8?

There must b a diff between the versions too, because the really old versions play dvds back smoothly but the new one wont all of a sudden

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 28 Sep 2006 21:11

If erasing the preferences directory didn't resolve the issue and VLC once worked it is possible that you have lost something in your system or that a file has become corrupted. It has happened to me!

1. All players use DirectX differently so just because another player plays OK does not necessarily mean the problem is VLC. Try playing a Commercial DVD and open Messages within VLC. If you are seeing lots of errors check to see that windows is properly using DMA for your drives. The Messages file should be quiet.

2. Open your Task Manager while playing a commercial DVD. The CPU usage should be almost non existent 1 or 2% max. If it is not this way suggest that the interface form DirectX to your video card is not correct. It may be the AGP or PCIe driver, part of your display drivers or DirectX itself. A good place to start here is by updating DirectX to the newest runtime version or if you wish run the DxDiagnostic first. I have found both missing AGP, PCIe drivers and DirectX to be the most likely.

3. What have you installed in the past few days? A few people have reported some programs causing conflicts like Window Blinds. This is rather unusual though as VLC is self contained so another program would be taking over or disrupting normal Windows services.

:)

LUNDY
New Cone
New Cone

Postby LUNDY » 29 Sep 2006 01:11

tried the messages thing....

one dvd i have plays smoothly and the message box stays pretty much silent.... but the rest that wont play smoothly are coming up with alot of txt....here is some off one file

main debug: adding playlist item `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man' ( C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man )
main debug: creating new input thread
main debug: waiting for thread completion
main debug: thread 4892 (input) created at priority 1 (input/input.c:261)
main warning: drive letter C: found in source
main debug: `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man' gives access `' demux `' path `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man'
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man'
main debug: looking for access_demux module: 1 candidate
dvdnav warning: cannot open dvdnav
main debug: creating access '' path='C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man'
main debug: looking for access2 module: 5 candidates
vcd debug: trying .cue file: C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man.cue
main debug: using access2 module "access_directory"
main debug: pre-buffering...
access_directory debug: opening directory `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man'
access_directory debug: starting directory playback
access_directory debug: reading subdirectory C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man
access_directory debug: reading subdirectory C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS
main debug: adding playlist item `VIDEO_TS.BUP' ( C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP )
main debug: adding playlist item `VIDEO_TS.IFO' ( C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO )
main debug: adding playlist item `VTS_01_0.BUP' ( C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.BUP )
main debug: adding playlist item `VTS_01_0.IFO' ( C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.IFO )
main debug: adding playlist item `VTS_01_1.VOB' ( C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB )
main debug: adding playlist item `VTS_01_2.VOB' ( C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_2.VOB )
main debug: adding playlist item `VTS_01_3.VOB' ( C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_3.VOB )
main debug: received first data for our buffer
main debug: pre-buffering done 1408981 bytes in 0s - 277131 kbytes/s
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='directory' path='C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man'
main debug: looking for demux2 module: 1 candidate
main debug: using demux2 module "access_directory"
main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\
access_directory warning: unimplemented query in control
main debug: `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man' successfully opened
main debug: EOF reached
ts warning: TS module discarded (lost sync)
ps warning: this does not look like an MPEG PS stream, continuing anyway
main debug: closing input
main debug: removing module "access_directory"
main debug: removing module "access_directory"
main debug: thread times: real 0m0.109378s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.015625s
main debug: thread 4892 joined (input/input.c:399)
main debug: thread 4884 (input) created at priority 1 (input/input.c:261)
main debug: `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP' gives access `' demux `' path `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP'
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP'
main debug: creating access '' path='C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP'
vcd debug: trying .cue file: C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.cue
access_file debug: opening file `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP'
main debug: using access2 module "access_file"
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP'
main debug: looking for demux2 module: 44 candidates
ffmpeg debug: couldn't guess format
main debug: using demux2 module "ps"
main debug: looking for a subtitle file in C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\
main debug: `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP' successfully opened
ps warning: garbage at input, trying to resync...
main debug: removing module "ps"
main debug: removing module "access_file"
main debug: thread times: real 0m0.109378s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.015625s
main debug: thread 4884 joined (input/input.c:399)
main debug: `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO' gives access `' demux `' path `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO'
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO'
main debug: creating access '' path='C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO'
vcd debug: trying .cue file: C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.cue
access_file debug: opening file `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO'
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO'
main debug: `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO' successfully opened
main debug: thread times: real 0m0.109378s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.000000s
main debug: `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.BUP' gives access `' demux `' path `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.BUP'
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.BUP'
main debug: creating access '' path='C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.BUP'
vcd debug: trying .cue file: C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.cue
access_file debug: opening file `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.BUP'
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.BUP'
main debug: `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.BUP' successfully opened
ps warning: found sync code
main debug: selecting program id=0
main debug: looking for decoder module: 27 candidates
main debug: using decoder module "mpeg_audio"
main debug: thread 3936 (decoder) created at priority 2 (input/decoder.c:159)
main debug: removing module "mpeg_audio"
main debug: thread times: real 0m0.093753s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.000000s
main debug: thread 3936 joined (input/decoder.c:191)
main debug: killing decoder fourcc `mpga', 0 PES in FIFO
main debug: Program doesn't contain anymore ES
main debug: thread times: real 0m0.140629s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.015625s
main debug: `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.IFO' gives access `' demux `' path `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.IFO'
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.IFO'
main debug: creating access '' path='C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.IFO'
vcd debug: trying .cue file: C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.cue
access_file debug: opening file `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.IFO'
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.IFO'
main debug: `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.IFO' successfully opened
ps warning: found sync code
main debug: using decoder module "mpeg_audio"
main debug: thread 3936 (decoder) created at priority 2 (input/decoder.c:159)
main debug: removing module "mpeg_audio"
main debug: thread times: real 0m0.109378s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.000000s
main debug: killing decoder fourcc `mpga', 0 PES in FIFO
main debug: thread times: real 0m0.156255s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.000000s
main debug: `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB' gives access `' demux `' path `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB'
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB'
main debug: creating access '' path='C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB'
vcd debug: trying .cue file: C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.cue
access_file debug: opening file `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB'
main debug: pre-buffering done 1408981 bytes in 0s - 266761 kbytes/s
main debug: creating demux: access='' demux='' path='C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB'
main debug: `C:\Program Files\GrabIt\Download\My Stuff\Movies\Dvds\The Wicker Man/The Wicker Man/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB' successfully opened
main debug: using decoder module "libmpeg2"
main debug: thread 3936 (decoder) created at priority 0 (input/decoder.c:159)
libmpeg2 debug: 720x480 (display 720,480), aspect 576000, sar 8:9, 29.971 fps
main debug: no usable vout present, spawning one
main debug: using decoder module "a52"
main debug: thread 4700 (decoder) created at priority 2 (input/decoder.c:159)
a52: A/52 channels:2 samplerate:48000 bitrate:192000
main debug: looking for audio output module: 3 candidates
aout_directx debug: OpenAudio
aout_directx debug: found device: Primary Sound Driver
aout_directx debug: found device: C-Media Wave Device
aout_directx debug: found device: Bluetooth Audio
aout_directx debug: device supports 2 channels
aout_directx debug: device supports 1 channel
aout_directx debug: creating DirectSoundThread
main debug: thread 5000 (DirectSound Notification Thread) created at priority 15 (directx.c:372)
aout_directx debug: DirectSoundThread ready
main debug: using audio output module "aout_directx"
main debug: output 's16l' 48000 Hz Stereo frame=1 samples/4 bytes
main debug: mixer 'fl32' 48000 Hz Stereo frame=1 samples/8 bytes
main debug: filter(s) 'fl32'->'s16l' 48000 Hz->48000 Hz Stereo->Stereo
main debug: looking for audio filter module: 24 candidates
main debug: using audio filter module "float32tos16"
main debug: found a filter for the whole conversion
main debug: looking for audio mixer module: 3 candidates
main debug: using audio mixer module "trivial_mixer"
main debug: input 'a52 ' 48000 Hz Stereo frame=1536 samples/768 bytes
main debug: filter(s) 'a52 '->'fl32' 48000 Hz->48000 Hz Stereo->Stereo
main debug: using audio filter module "a52tofloat32"
main debug: filter(s) 'fl32'->'fl32' 52800 Hz->48000 Hz Stereo->Stereo
main debug: using audio filter module "bandlimited_resampler"
main debug: Registering subpicture channel, ID: 2
main debug: Registering subpicture channel, ID: 3
main debug: Registering subpicture channel, ID: 4
main debug: Registering subpicture channel, ID: 5
main debug: window size: 720x540
main debug: looking for video output module: 5 candidates
vout_directx debug: creating DirectXEventThread
vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateWindow
vout_directx debug: created video sub-window
main debug: thread 5056 (DirectX Events Thread) created at priority 0 (directx.c:263)
vout_directx debug: DirectXEventThread running
vout_directx debug: DirectXInitDDraw
vout_directx debug: directx-device:
vout_directx debug: DirectXEnumCallback: Primary Display Driver, display
vout_directx debug: DirectXEnumCallback: ASUS RADEON 9200SE, \\.\DISPLAY1
vout_directx debug: selecting ASUS RADEON 9200SE, \\.\DISPLAY1
vout_directx debug: screen dimensions (0x0,1024x768)
vout_directx debug: DirectDraw Capabilities: overlay=1 yuvoverlay=1 can_deinterlace_overlay=1 colorkey=1 stretch=1 bltfourcc=1
vout_directx debug: End DirectXInitDDraw
vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateDisplay
vout_directx debug: DirectXCreateClipper
vout_directx debug: disabling screen saver
main debug: using video output module "vout_directx"
vout_directx debug: NewPictureVec overlay:yes chroma:YV12
vout_directx debug: YUV overlay created successfully
vout_directx debug: End NewPictureVec (succeeded)
main debug: got 1 direct buffer(s)
main debug: picture in 720x480 (0,0,720x480), chroma I420, ar 4:3, sar 8:9
main debug: picture user 720x480 (0,0,720x480), chroma I420, ar 4:3, sar 8:9
main debug: picture out 720x480 (0,0,720x480), chroma I420, ar 4:3, sar 8:9
main debug: direct render, mapping render pictures 0-6 to system pictures 1-7
main debug: thread 5084 (video output) created at priority 1 (video_output/video_output.c:421)
main warning: dts != current_pts (53993)
main warning: backward_pts != current_pts (-33367)
main warning: dts != current_pts (-66741)
main warning: backward_pts != current_pts (66731)
main debug: control type=0
main debug: control: stopping input
main debug: removing module "libmpeg2"
main debug: thread times: real 0m8.453395s, kernel 0m0.046875s, user 0m0.250000s
main debug: killing decoder fourcc `mpgv', 33 PES in FIFO
main debug: removing module "a52"
main debug: thread times: real 0m8.453395s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.015625s
main debug: thread 4700 joined (input/decoder.c:191)
main debug: killing decoder fourcc `a52 ', 0 PES in FIFO
main debug: removing module "a52tofloat32"
main debug: removing module "bandlimited_resampler"
aout_directx debug: closing audio device
aout_directx debug: DirectSoundThread exiting
main debug: thread times: real 0m8.469021s, kernel 0m0.000000s, user 0m0.000000s
main debug: thread 5000 joined (directx.c:598)
main debug: removing module "aout_directx"
main debug: removing module "float32tos16"
main debug: removing module "trivial_mixer"
main debug: thread times: real 0m8.531523s, kernel 0m0.015625s, user 0m0.015625s
main debug: garbage collector destroys 1 vout
vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseSurface
vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDisplay
vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDisplay clipper
vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDisplay display
vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseDDraw
vout_directx debug: CloseVideo
vout_directx debug: DirectXEventThread terminating
vout_directx debug: DirectXCloseWindow
vout_directx debug: WinProc WM_DESTROY
main debug: thread times: real 0m8.515897s, kernel 0m0.015625s, user 0m0.000000s
main debug: thread 5056 joined (directx.c:494)
main debug: removing module "vout_directx"
main debug: thread times: real 0m8.484646s, kernel 0m0.125000s, user 0m0.609375s
main debug: thread 5084 joined (video_output/video_output.c:461)

Can you make sense of any of that

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 29 Sep 2006 04:39

Ripped VOBs to your hard drive is no longer a DVD. If the whole DVD is riped in complete form VLC will simulate it as being a DVD and can be played using Open directory assuming the structure is correct for a DVD or VCD it should play like it's on a optical drive. But disregarding this for the moment I would check that the DMA settings are correct for all your drives.

LUNDY
New Cone
New Cone

Postby LUNDY » 29 Sep 2006 13:31

Ripped VOBs to your hard drive is no longer a DVD. If the whole DVD is riped in complete form VLC will simulate it as being a DVD and can be played using Open directory assuming the structure is correct for a DVD or VCD it should play like it's on a optical drive. But disregarding this for the moment I would check that the DMA settings are correct for all your drives.
Yer but they are not playing of a dvd, or do u meen check the dma settings on other drives?

Not quite sure i follow, basically the vobs will not play weather i jus drag a single vob in, or the whole video ts folder into vlc,

but as i mentioned, one dvd i have plays fine in vlc and has no messages coming up, but all the rest are coming up with messages constantly

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 30 Sep 2006 00:31

Most of the time you can't just drag VOBs into your system with copy protection and all but this is not the issue. When you do this it is no longer a DVD because the structure is missing and the play is different. If you were to drag the whole thing into the same named directories maintaining the structure then VLC will play it like it was on your optical drive.

Yes, I did mean all of your drives for DMA as I have run across some interesting information from Microsoft as to what XP can do given certain circumstances. You will probably need to check the specs for each of the drives to be sure the settings are correct.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”