Faster speeds problem?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
Ken15
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Faster speeds problem?

Postby Ken15 » 15 Sep 2006 02:27

I keep the VLC media-player for Windows on my computer because, for one thing, it gives more volume output when I play my DVDs.

But it also seems to have bugs/drawbacks. Here's the one I'll report today. There are three fast-forward speeds (x2, x4, x 8), right? But when I use the two fastest of these (x4, x 8), the image from the DVD just freezes, though the fast-forward winding goes on. Also, to get back to normal-play from these faster speeds, I have to progressively click on the slower speeds until I arrive back at x1. Is there a shortcut?

Thanks - Ken
Last edited by Ken15 on 17 Sep 2006 00:26, edited 1 time in total.

Ken15
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ken15 » 15 Sep 2006 02:30

Sorry, where I typed 8 in the previous message, it both times came out as a smilie!

- Ken

Ken15
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ken15 » 15 Sep 2006 14:04

Guys????? A simple Y/N answer to help me narrow down what I can/cannot do using the VLC media player?

An earlier simple question of mine also went begging!

If I'm overlooking something (e.g., 'we only answer abstruse technical questions here'), then please just say so!

Gratitude - Ken

joseph5
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Re: Faster speeds problem?

Postby joseph5 » 16 Sep 2006 22:31

But when I use the two fastest of these (x4, x 8), the image from the DVD just freezes, though the fast-forward winding goes on.
Maybe your computer isn't fast enough to play a dvd that fast?
Also, to get back to normal-play from these faster speeds, I have to progressively click on the slower speeds until I arrive back at x1. Is there a shortcut?
No.

Ken15
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Ken15 » 17 Sep 2006 00:25

Thanks muchly, jfsch01. I do seem to recall that my computer's Acer Arcade media player has several fast forward/fast rewind speeds that work well, but I'll check later. Currently I have three different media players on board, each with some things the others can't do as well. Looks like I may have to retain them all, for now.

- Ken

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”