set Hardware YUV DirectX Output in VB?

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
tckitty
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

set Hardware YUV DirectX Output in VB?

Postby tckitty » 29 Jul 2006 09:17

Does anyone know how to set the Hardware YUV DirectX Output in VB? I actually want my program to launch a separate window from within my app. Thanks!

tonsofpcs
Cone that earned his stripes
Cone that earned his stripes

Postby tonsofpcs » 29 Jul 2006 09:37

There used to be a sample app in the SDK, not sure if the newer versions include it or not.

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 29 Jul 2006 09:38

Reset the preferences, as this is the default or in preferences, Video, Output modules, DirectX and in Interface, Main interfaces, wxWidgets set to non embedded mode. :) You can check this with a modified shortcut that has no options after VLC.EXE

As far as doing this from within another application, it really shouldn't be necessary as it is very unusual to want to shut this off. The software counterpart is slower and really only has use for testing as most video cards do support this. At lease any thing reasonably modern (last 7 or so years). Please note: For this to work with all cards, in many cases the video overlay must also be shut off (video acceleration). So the condition now becomes more complex. :lol:

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”