What does this warning mean?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
shreyas
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

What does this warning mean?

Postby shreyas » 23 Jul 2006 06:31

Warning: No config found to match: /usr/win/bin/wx-config --unicode in /usr/win32/lib/wx/config
If you require this configuration, please install the desired library build. If this is part of an automated configuration test and no other errors occur, you may safely ignore it. You may use wx-config --list to see all configs availabe in default prefix.

this the warning related to wx. I am able to successfully(i.e. without any error, though their are numerous warnings in between) compile diffrent vlc codes with different contribs. but when i run vlc.exe it opens up in command line mode, gui doesn't show up.

i am a newbie in this field, please ignore if i sound stupid, but i am in dire urgency...
--you are a student all your life--

bijoy.sivan
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

cygwin compilation

Postby bijoy.sivan » 23 Jul 2006 19:12

I m also getting the same error. Anyone out there who can help ?

xtophe
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby xtophe » 23 Jul 2006 23:58

The warning is normal. we check in configure if libwxwidgets was built with or without unicode support to adpat some stuff in the way we build the wxwidget module.

What's not normal is that themodule is not built or loaded. Is the module built ?
any error message with vlc -vvv --color --no-plugins-cache --list ?
Xtophe

shreyas
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby shreyas » 24 Jul 2006 09:53

currently running compilation with another contrib package... as soon as it fails i'll try this command...

thanks for looking into our problem...:)
---
shreyas

shreyas
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby shreyas » 24 Jul 2006 10:22

no error... but there is no wxwidget in the vlc-help.txt
:(
seems like it didn't build

Ernie

Postby Ernie » 24 Jul 2006 19:44

Well, it seems like a handful of us have this same problem and can't resolve it so I guess I'll put up an update on my own progress in this thread.

-I can build with no errors under cygwin perfectly fine. I'm only able to run with the RC interface. The gui won't open even with -I wx.
-Using vlc --list, the wx module isn't loading. When I do a make package-win32-base and run the --list command again, there's only a handful of modules loading.
-I've tried many different combinations of contrib packages, vlc, and cygwin releases and I get the same problems.
-Following Trax's howto to the letter (and matching version numbers on packages exactly) I still get the same problems.
-I've tried specifically using --enable-wxwin even though that's the default and I still can't get the wx module to load.

I'm all out of ideas here, so I'm throwing in the towel and I'm just going to write my own ffmpeg wrapper. Good luck guys.

shreyas
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby shreyas » 25 Jul 2006 06:20

couldn't said that better... that's exactly what i have tried... and i am out of ideas too. but i don't have the option of writing my own ffmpeg wrapper... (still a newbie)... so still hoping for some solution... anybody? please...

sony
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

wx-config --unicode

Postby sony » 25 Jul 2006 11:14

I also had the problem with vlc without wxwin GUI. At first I though that it is caused by the warning "Warning: No config found to match...". But as xtophe wrote (I also check myself in the configure.ac script), it is normal: in the contrib package there is no wxwin for unicode, then wx gui will be built WITHOUT this option.
But the problem is still there, I have the libwxwidgets.dll built but it does not work, vlc --list does not show up the wxwin module either. If I replace the newly compiled libwxwidgets.dll with the old one (It was the time I succeeded in compiling vlc with wxwin :-) ) then I have the GUI again. So what can be the problem with the wxwin plugins?
Thank you in advance for any helps

shreyas
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby shreyas » 27 Jul 2006 13:45

ok finally i succeded in compiling again and successfully this time...
i was leaving some of the optional packages in trax's guide. they are
1) 20041228-3 gdb (optional: for debugging purposes)
2) 0.98.39-1 nasm (optional: for compiling x264 encoder)
3) 0.2.31-1 patchutils (optional: for patching source files with .diff files)
4) 7.15.4-1 curl (optional: for building extras/contrib)

i don't know which one of them was causing the problem though... my guess would be 2 or 4... what do you guys say?
---
shreyas... happy:D

shreyas
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

failed again...

Postby shreyas » 27 Jul 2006 14:29

it ran just once... just once... and now it is opening up with rc interface again... in between what i did was compiled my changed vlc program...:(

any guess? of this really weird problem...

oh and before it ran i fomated c: drive. does it has something to do with registry or something... i am really really sad...:(

bijoy.sivan
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

cygwin compilation

Postby bijoy.sivan » 27 Jul 2006 16:28

which revison of vlc source code and which contrib you have used ?

shreyas
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby shreyas » 27 Jul 2006 17:12

i was using vlc 0.8.5 and the latest contrib...

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”