Icecast audio/video streaming

About encoding, codec settings, muxers and filter usage
robbtek

Icecast audio/video streaming

Postby robbtek » 21 Jun 2006 15:42

Hi ,

Im using vlc v0.8.5-test4 win32 abd icecast2 server .

I try this syntax :

:sout="#transcode{vcodec=theora,vb=256,acodec=vorb,ab=32}:std{access=shout,mux=ogg,url=videosource:MY_PASS@ICECAST_IP:ICECAST_PORT/testmount.ogg}"

But it dont work .

What is a correct syntax to stream video file from vlc (win) to icecast2 .

I've read the topic "ICECAST" (viewtopic.php?t=14476) but all command dont work .

Please help me .

LifesaverM
New Cone
New Cone

Postby LifesaverM » 09 Jul 2006 22:27

I as well have reviewed the "ICECAST" thread's suggestions and no luck.

Here are the most two recent codes I attempt to use:

CURRENT
:sout=#transcode{vcodec=theo,vb=1024,scale=1,acodec=vorb,ab=192,channels=2,scodec=dvbs}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=#shout{url=*user*:*pass*@67.18.148.180:8000/live1}}

TEST1
:sout=#transcode{vcodec=theo,vb=1024,scale=1,acodec=vorb,ab=192,channels=2,scodec=dvbs}:duplicate{dst=display,dst=#std{access=shout,mux=ogg,url=*user*:*pass*@67.18.148.180:8000/live1}}

I am running VLC 0.8.5 on WinXP and Streaming to IceCast 2.3.1 on RHE4 with Theora compiled in. Icecast seems to be functioning as it should.
So I'm assuming its something with my the code I'm using in VLC.

Basically I want to see the file,DVD, etc on my screen and also stream it out as well to the Icecast server.

If someone is serious about this I'd also be happy to setup a test mount on my server and provide credentials to make sure it is not the problem.

What's happening:
The Disc spins up and the title of the DVD displays in the bottom right of VLC, but then it doesn't go any further. When playing a file, DVD or anything and do not check the "stream" checkbox everything plays fine so VLC itself is good to go.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to proceeed?
Matt Moyer, President
Beyond Web Creations, LLC
"Going beyond the realm of limitations since 1998."

LifesaverM
New Cone
New Cone

Postby LifesaverM » 21 Jul 2006 20:37

*bump*
Matt Moyer, President
Beyond Web Creations, LLC
"Going beyond the realm of limitations since 1998."

Return to “VLC stream-output (sout)”