Video Wall Help

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
vwall
New Cone
New Cone

Video Wall Help

Postby vwall » 03 Jul 2006 01:38

Hi All,

I'm creating a video wall with 4 LCD TVs and trying to get it to span the video automatically instead of creating the 4 boxes and having to individually move them to the right screens and maximise them.

Also, if there's a movie in the playlist that's a different resolution to the previous file, all the screens drop back and maximise to the default monitor.

Any help or comments would be greatly appriciated.

vwall
New Cone
New Cone

Postby vwall » 13 Jul 2006 03:49

Any Help would be great.

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2006 06:33

Preferences --> Video --> Filters --> Image wall, set the rows and columns sounds like it would be two for both.

Preferences --> Video --> Filters, turn on the Wall video filter, then press Save and close the player. :)

vwall
New Cone
New Cone

Postby vwall » 13 Jul 2006 06:45

Thanks for the reply.

We've got that part working.

But what is not working, is getting the segments of video to automatically appear in the correct monitors and to then auto fill the screens.
At the moment we have to click and drag each segment to the correct monitor and then double click it to maximise it.

We need to try and get this to be automated so that when the computer is rebooted it auto runs and maximises across the correct screens.
We've got all of it automated, except getting the segments to the correct screens and maximising them.

Thanks again.

Postby Guest » 13 Jul 2006 09:15

I would think that setting Full screen in Preferences, Video would help.

The rest of it would depend on how the monitors were plugged in or arranged. This is a seldom used or requested feature, but does come in handy for events or trade shows where you need a very large display.

vwall
New Cone
New Cone

Postby vwall » 14 Jul 2006 00:38

When we have it set to fullscreen, it maximises all 4 segments to one monitor one on top the other.

Postby Guest » 14 Jul 2006 06:30

Hmm! Then it's going to take a dev to answer your question!

Out of curiosity which monitor? Is it display device 1?

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 16 Jul 2006 00:39

I'll check tomorrow but AFAIK we don't have an option to automatically choose the right screen for each of the subwindows.(in fact, after reading the source code i'm 100% sure that we don't)
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

vwall
New Cone
New Cone

Postby vwall » 17 Jul 2006 00:38

Thanks for your help.

Monsu
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Monsu » 19 Oct 2006 12:29

Hi!

I've got the exact same problem. I'm trying to build a video wall using 4 displays. The wall filter works just fine, but the problem is that you have to manually drag each window into position.

You've replied that fullscreen positioning cannot be done automatically. Well could it be possible to position the windows via command-line parameters, if not to fullscreen display, then at least just move the windows to correct monitors?

Any help would be much appreciated.

dionoea
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby dionoea » 19 Oct 2006 23:03

It's not possible yet. Feel free to change the code :)
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea
(Please do not use private messages for support questions)

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”