VLC and AMINO110

*nix specific usage questions
vener

VLC and AMINO110

Postby vener » 27 Jun 2006 17:29

Hi,

Is there anybody out there who succesfully used AMINO110 STB and VLC? Can you help me please on how to do it?

Thanks

Vener

Postby Guest » 28 Jun 2006 00:14

Use VLC to stream the video to a legal multicast address (239.1.1.1, etc.) and whatever port you desire. On the Amino, you need to set the channel as:

igmp://239.1.1.1:5000 (substitute the port you configured on VLC)

I am currently using Gentoo Linux 64-bit running VLC as my server with Amino 120 HD IP STBs and it works like a charm.

Later,
Jeff

Postby Guest » 28 Jun 2006 01:39

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. I will try it out. One question though, how can I set the channel at the Amino? Do I juts tyoe it on the address bar of the Fresco ANT browser? So far, when I turned on the STB, I can only see the browser?

Thank you very much,

Vener

Postby Guest » 28 Jun 2006 01:57

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. I will try it out. One question though, how can I set the channel at the Amino? Do I just type it on the address bar of the Fresco ANT browser? So far, when I turned on the STB, I can only see the browser?

Thank you very much,

Vener

Postby Guest » 28 Jun 2006 07:56

Hi Jeff,

Everything is working now. I got hold of Amino Installation guide from the net and followed your recommendation.

Thanks again,

Vener

By the way, have you tried VOD as well?

robc
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby robc » 28 Jun 2006 12:24

Video on demand using VLC operates correctly in subversion snapshots for Amino set-top boxes.

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2006 11:11

Video on demand using VLC operates correctly in subversion snapshots for Amino set-top boxes.

Thanks for the information. But what do you men exactly by subversion snapshots for Amino STB?

robc
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby robc » 01 Jul 2006 01:12

Thanks for the information. But what do you men exactly by subversion snapshots for Amino STB?
See http://nightlies.videolan.org/

Postby Guest » 01 Jul 2006 11:16

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I will try it out. I could not manage to stream using RTSP from my Amino110 to VLC server.

mikewhite
New Cone
New Cone

Postby mikewhite » 27 Jul 2006 23:22

I've just got my hands on an Aminet 110 - And I'd really really like to get into it and configure it to stream VLC to it. Problem is: When I plug the Amino in, I get "Loading..." What do I do from here?

By the way - I've got everything setup so I can stream movies from my server onto VLC fine.

robc
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Loading...

Postby robc » 28 Jul 2006 00:04

I've just got my hands on an Aminet 110 - And I'd really really like to get into it and configure it to stream VLC to it. Problem is: When I plug the Amino in, I get "Loading..." What do I do from here?

By the way - I've got everything setup so I can stream movies from my server onto VLC fine.
This message indicates that your Amino STB does not have a valid software image file loaded into it's NOR flash and is attempting to load this image from the Amino multicast boot loader. Ideally you need to contact Amino Communications and obtain a copy of the latest software release for your STB and then configure the multicast boot loader included with this software release to transfer the software image to your Amino STB. You should only need to do this once as the Amino STB will subsequently boot from the software image stored in flash.

Lurker
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby Lurker » 30 Jul 2006 17:42

Hi Jeff,

Everything is working now. I got hold of Amino Installation guide from the net and followed your recommendation.

Thanks again,

Vener
Could you please share a link to this document?

ric0h
New Cone
New Cone

Postby ric0h » 09 Aug 2006 14:44

Whoever sold you the Aminet 110 is also responsible for supplying you with the firmware and installation guide, a NDA might be needed faxed to Amino though.

Return to “VLC media player for Linux and friends Troubleshooting”