The future is blue screen?

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
i know nothing

The future is blue screen?

Postby i know nothing » 15 Dec 2003 20:54

Looked through as many posts to see if i could work this out before postin' but no luck. So far i'm yet to encounter a file that won't appear great visual wise, just the sound is consistently "chk chk chk chk chk..." and sounds speeded up. I've tried altering the audio preferences to each of the ones listed and it either sounds the same or has no sound at all....until it decides to either completely lock up or blue screen me. and killing all sounds in all apps.

i am getting "hardware YUV overlay DirectX output" as a title, maybe this is an indication of the problem?

any help would be cool, cheers

Ray

Gibalou
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Gibalou » 15 Dec 2003 22:22

Try to enable the "waveOut" audio output plugin in the VLC preferences panel.

Ray

Postby Ray » 15 Dec 2003 22:44

still no luck, tried that ((the win32 waveout entension output right?)) and got no sound at all, followed by blue screen with Fatal exception at 0028:FF118200 in VXD KMIXER (06) + 0000A5A0

any other ideas?

Ray

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 16 Dec 2003 01:16

Try upgrading your audio card drivers and your directx installation.
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Gibalou
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna

Postby Gibalou » 16 Dec 2003 10:38

Yes this definitely sounds like a drivers problem to me.

Tobias

Postby Tobias » 17 Apr 2004 09:00

I have EXACTLY the same problem with Win98, vlc 0.7.1 and an onboard SoundMAX chip. I downloaded the latest drivers for the chip and I use directX 9. Still the same problem. Any suggestions?

Tobias

The DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master
VLC version: git
Operating System: Mac OS X

Postby The DJ » 17 Apr 2004 16:45

don't use Win98 ???
Don't use PMs for support questions.

Tobias

Postby Tobias » 20 Apr 2004 13:36

Hm, yeah, that might be a solution and I WILL upgrade sometime but don't have the money right now.

Before saying anything else I want to add that I think that vlc is excellent. It's the only windows dvd player I found that can disable subtitles on all dvds without the need of another program. And the quality is so great. That's why I want to get it to work correctly.

Actually I got it to work mostly now even though the behavior is still kind of strange. When I install the soundMAX drivers without the additional programs (so only allowing stereo playback) the standard audio playback of vlc works fine. When I install the full soundMAX software I get the problems mentioned above but strangely enough I can avoid them when choosing 5.1 playback in vlc and stereo setup (I only have stereo speakers) in the soundMAX configuration. So it is definetely a driver problem. This solution doesn't seem to work with all DVDs, though...

Tobias

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”