VLC GUI bug in the new video window

macOS specific usage questions

VLC GUI bug in the new video window

Postby Guest » 09 May 2006 01:37

When I play one video, and then play another video that is smaller in width or height, the last frame played of the first video will overwrite the portion of the video's window that it would have occupied, as shown here:

This happens consistently for me, and I'm running under OSX 10.3.9.

Is anyone else seeing this glitch?

Postby Guest » 11 May 2006 18:17

So does the lack of response means that no one else has seen this problem, that no one else cares about it, that I missed some earlier post on the same problem, or all three?

guruff
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby guruff » 11 May 2006 20:30

Chill out dude :)

Change video output to Default, you are using Quartz - it is slower, and it is buggy.

Cheers

Postby Guest » 12 May 2006 01:03

Oh, I'm sorry, was three days not long enough to wait before bumping an ignored thread? :P

Anyway, no I'm not using the Quartz output, I'm using the Defualt. In point of fact, using the Quartz output fixes this glitch (while causing more and different problems of course).

guruff
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby guruff » 12 May 2006 02:22

Ups... sorry, it works quite opposite at my machine. Have no clue then.

Postby Guest » 12 May 2006 20:56

For the record, I get the same exact bug.

Postby Guest » 13 May 2006 09:52

This is a bug in the new embedded video output module in 0.8.5, which doesn't seem to have been tested up to normal VLC snuff (especially cosmetically). I would suggest disabling it, but I think the old output module is no longer present past the 0.8.5-test series. Use the previous VLC release or upgrade to Tiger.

nerdroc
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC GUI bug in the new video window

Postby nerdroc » 05 Nov 2007 20:35

I also get this bug, and so does my friend. I have a Macpro tower and he has a g4 powerbook. This glitch was present on his computer, and is still present after upgrading to leopard. I, on the other hand, did not have the glitch till after installing leopard. Though it hardly cripples the software, it is quite annoying. If anyone knows a way to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

lpap
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC GUI bug in the new video window

Postby lpap » 09 Nov 2007 17:30

This is a known issue with Leopard that is currently being worked on. Just wait for the next release and hopefully it will be fixed :)

Return to “VLC media player for macOS Troubleshooting”