VideoLAN restarts computer???

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 13 Feb 2006 22:59

What if I were to intall ReClock.

I did read up on it, and was hesitant to use it because uninstallation was not well documented, and I would want to remove it and restore the default Dshow filters if it didn't work.

Have you used ReClock?
Yes, I have used ReClock and uninstall was not a problem for me.

:lol:

isidro
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby isidro » 14 Feb 2006 12:19

DJ,

Test with version 0.8.5-svn-200602114-0001 still with problem described by VLC’s debug logging interface:

[00000335] ffmpeg encoder error: cannot open encoder
[00000287] stream_out_transcode private error: cannot find encoder

I would like to call your attention to the fact that the version 0.8.5 series, besides not working with “new devices”, which is comprehensible, do not work with “old devices” either.

By “old devices” I mean devices that work properly with VLC versions 0.8.2 and 0.8.4 and by “new devices” I mean devices that do not work properly with versions 0.8.2 and 0.8.4 and are newer in the market.

As test people would say, regression tests are not OK. I think that this has nothing to do with DirectX or things like that, has it?

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Isidro.
Isidro Lopes
CPqD
Brazil.

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 15 Feb 2006 01:38

DJ,

Test with version 0.8.5-svn-200602114-0001 still with problem described by VLC’s debug logging interface:

[00000335] ffmpeg encoder error: cannot open encoder
[00000287] stream_out_transcode private error: cannot find encoder

I would like to call your attention to the fact that the version 0.8.5 series, besides not working with “new devices”, which is comprehensible, do not work with “old devices” either.

By “old devices” I mean devices that work properly with VLC versions 0.8.2 and 0.8.4 and by “new devices” I mean devices that do not work properly with versions 0.8.2 and 0.8.4 and are newer in the market.

As test people would say, regression tests are not OK. I think that this has nothing to do with DirectX or things like that, has it?

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Isidro.
I am well aware that some here need the attention and help of the developer. I don't have the answers. Plus the fact that to me, this sounds like a Direct Show Driver interface problem. If the problem is the driver or the problem is within VLC will continue to be an issue until someone uses Graph Edit and posts the results. Thank You for your understanding.

:lol:

isidro
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby isidro » 17 Feb 2006 17:39

DJ,

I’ve got a friend that can help us identifying the problem. He has just download Graph Edith stuff, last VLC’s nightly build version, and he has assembled a graph with

Video camera terminal >> AVI Decompressor >> Color Space Monitor >> Video Renderer

It works OK.

So I would like you to instruct him about what kind of test he could do.

He will soon join the Forum.

Regards,

Isidro.
Isidro Lopes
CPqD
Brazil.

nicolargo
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby nicolargo » 08 Mar 2006 15:40

I have updated all the drivers and DirectX on my computer. When i try to stream from my Logitech Fusion, the system (Windows XP SP2) restart...

No problem with others applications.

Any ideas ?

isidro
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby isidro » 08 Mar 2006 17:42

Have you tried a nightly the last 0.8.5 (nightly build).

I use this web cam and windows XP SP2 too and it works but you will not be able to stream using vcodec=mp4v.

Regards,

Isidro.
Isidro Lopes
CPqD
Brazil.

Dotslash

Postby Dotslash » 17 Mar 2006 09:14

Hi there.

I have the same problem with VLC restarting my pc when opening my TV card. I may not know alot about VLC player, but I do know VLC 0.7.2 worked fine when opening my TV card for viewing or streaming. I know you guys are trying to develop a fix using the new nightly builds, but maybe you should go back to basics and go look what made VLC 0.7.2 work.

Im still using VLC 0.7.2, but I would like to use the new additions of 0.8.4a

Good luck with the fix!

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 17 Mar 2006 21:41

Hi there.

I have the same problem with VLC restarting my pc when opening my TV card. I may not know alot about VLC player, but I do know VLC 0.7.2 worked fine when opening my TV card for viewing or streaming. I know you guys are trying to develop a fix using the new nightly builds, but maybe you should go back to basics and go look what made VLC 0.7.2 work.

Im still using VLC 0.7.2, but I would like to use the new additions of 0.8.4a

Good luck with the fix!
The user that started this post did finally get the cam to work in VLC using one of the Nightly Builds, but since then VLC 0.8.5 test 1 has been released.

viewtopic.php?t=18275&highlight=test1

kornfr333k

lol

Postby kornfr333k » 22 Apr 2006 10:30

i had the same problem, and i couldn't figure it out....untill i started trying other versions...0.8.5 works great...084 didn't work....

- winfast 2000 xp tuner
-p4 3ghz HT
-1 ghz ddr
-gforce 6600 gt-tdh.....

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 22 Apr 2006 20:46

I would like to remind everyone that might read this post that it is old.

There has been a conscientious effort by the developers to overcome the problems noted here.

http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/video ... 8.5-test3/
or
http://nightlies.videolan.org/

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”