Pause between playlist items

For questions and discussion that is NOT (I repeat NOT) specific to a certain Operating System.
WaruKamii
New Cone
New Cone

Pause between playlist items

Postby WaruKamii » 26 Aug 2024 17:26

Hello,
I've got the following situation: I have multiple big playlists with videos. Currently, whenever one video ends and the next one starts the new one starts immediately and it's a bit jarring, so I want to have a pause of around 3 seconds between each and every video in the playlist. Is there a smart way to do this, besides making a 3s long black-screen video and putting it between every single item in the playlist? That'd be a lot of clutter. Having the video pause at the end and manually starting the next one is not an option either, it needs to be automated.

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: Pause between playlist items

Postby Lotesdelere » 27 Aug 2024 11:50

Add an item "vlc://pause:3" (without quotes) between the files of your playlist.

WaruKamii
New Cone
New Cone

Postby WaruKamii » 29 Aug 2024 22:25

Add an item "vlc://pause:3" (without quotes) between the files of your playlist.
Is that really the best option? Since I cannot simply copy-paste the pause item in the playlist window (no clue why copy-paste isn't a feature there yet), I'd have to go through the "add item" dialogue a few hundred times which doesn't sound particularly fun.

Lotesdelere
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby Lotesdelere » 30 Aug 2024 12:09

Or save the playlist then use a text editor for adding the pause items.

Return to “General VLC media player Troubleshooting”