Android Auto and Cover Art

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
BaggyMick
New Cone
New Cone

Android Auto and Cover Art

Postby BaggyMick » 03 Jun 2024 15:51

I am using Android Auto to play music from my Samsung phone. All the tracks have cover art as an MP3 tag. On the phone, when I play a track, the cover art does not appear as a blurred cover in the audio player background, as Blurred cover background is unticked.
On the display in the car however, this setting is ignored, and the blurring occurs. Is this a bug?

rstone
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Android Auto and Cover Art

Postby rstone » 04 Jun 2024 16:11

Is this on the auto manufacturer's home screen or the Android Auto (phone projection) interface? Could you share a picture/screenshot of the issue?

BaggyMick
New Cone
New Cone

Postby BaggyMick » 05 Jun 2024 13:13

Thanks for your reply. I am a bit snookered at the minute, because although I have pictures, I can't add an attachment; help says to use the "Contact us" form to request this facility, but I'm still trying to find the form!

Pls bear with me.................

BaggyMick
New Cone
New Cone

Postby BaggyMick » 05 Jun 2024 15:23

Ok here's the link to 3 images...

https://imgur.com/a/S6QJaI6

Having had another look at the car (which I've only just bought, this is all new to me) I'm beginning to think it's not VLC, as the same thing appears to be happening with station logos for the radio, which is built in to the car

rstone
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby rstone » 01 Jul 2024 23:52

The blurred background is a feature of Android Auto. There is nothing VLC or any other media player application can do to disable that behavior.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”