mayconhvab
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 3.0.21 | 3.6.0 beta6
Operating System: Windows 11 | Android

VLC beta 3.6.0 beta 3 on June 19, 2024 - Audios and videos do not play

Postby mayconhvab » 20 Jun 2024 00:31

Hello !

I am always used to downloading beta versions for Windows and Android daily, to obtain better audio and video information and to keep the application updated daily so that it can obtain better performance, performance and make the most of its functions.

But on June 19, 2024, when downloading the VLC Beta for Android from that day, the application simply does not respond, it loads all the audio and videos from my smartphone, but does not play.

VLC simply closes, I already cleared the cache, checked that the file was not corrupted, and it simply does not play, audio and video are not being played, simply closing the app.

The VLC Beta on June 19, 2024 is simply not playing audio or video, as some code in the app's update information must have been changed, or modified causing some damage or error.

I clicked send error report in the application.

I would like you to be able to fix this bug/error as quickly as possible, as I had to go back to version beta 3.6.0 beta 3 on June 16, 2024, so far so good, but unfortunately the version on June 19, 2024 does not play video or audio.

This error is also valid for ARMv7-A and ARMv8-A (Android) versions.

Thank you for your attention in advance.

Spike1
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: And:3.6.0β,Win:2.2.1

Re: VLC beta 3.6.0 beta 3 on June 19, 2024 - Audios and videos do not play

Postby Spike1 » 20 Jun 2024 01:25

Thanks, I'm sure this level of detail will help the Developers discover what broke between the 16th and the 19th. Could you also specify what device and what Android version you're using?

"VLC simply closes" - without producing a crash log?

mayconhvab
Blank Cone
Blank Cone
VLC version: 3.0.21 | 3.6.0 beta6
Operating System: Windows 11 | Android

Postby mayconhvab » 20 Jun 2024 01:44

'm using the Xiaomi Note 11 smartphone, with the latest Android 13 update.

Device is using MIUI Global 14.0.5 (with all factory patches and recent updates).

When playing an audio or video format within the VLC application, when I click on the audio or video, it simply closes, making it impossible to generate Registration Log Information so that the process can be carried out to verify what actually happens.

But when I clicked on the audio or video, I received a message saying "send report to supplier", and there appears a message "Do not display again", a dialog box to confirm whether or not I want to send the report.

I clicked there, but unfortunately the error keeps happening.

If you wish, you can download the ARMv7 or ARMv8 version on your Android device and test it.

The files do load into the playlist, but they do not play audio or video.

Similar to the verbosity that it has in Windows, in VLC on Android it is not possible to get there to verify the error that is actually occurring.

Thanks for the quick response.

Can you give me more information so I can display this error and send the report to the VideoLAN team here on the Forum?

Thank you very much in advance.

Spike1
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: And:3.6.0β,Win:2.2.1

Postby Spike1 » 20 Jun 2024 10:46

In VLC, go to "... More" > Settings > Advanced > Debug logs. Tap START LOGGING. Then attempt to play a file. A log should be at Android/data/org.videolan.vlc.debug/files

There may be a "crash" file with the current timestamp that indicates the reason for the stoppage. There will be a "logcat" file with information on all actions that led to the stoppage. Copy these to a service such as Pastebin and post a link to it here.

Skantes
Developer
Developer

Postby Skantes » 20 Jun 2024 14:39

Hi, thank you for the bug report. This crash was fixed yesterday morning, if you download today's nightly you shouldn't have any issues, sorry for the inconvenience.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”