Unable To Access Media in Shared Network Folders

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
MaxArk68
New Cone
New Cone

Unable To Access Media in Shared Network Folders

Postby MaxArk68 » 19 Jun 2024 20:07

Using VLC For Android, 3 5.4. I seem to be unable to access the media files in the shared folders of my network connected PC. VLC manages to recognize the PC and the shared folders, but on selecting a folder, I get "No media files found, please transfer some files to uour device or adjust your preferences "
My PC is running Win11 and SMB1 is activated (is this necessary?). The other PCs on the network are able to access the media files from this PC, just not my Android media box. In VLC, checking and unchecking "prefer SMB 1" does not make a difference.

Corbax
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Re: Unable To Access Media in Shared Network Folders

Postby Corbax » 20 Jun 2024 16:52

Hello,

This issue should be fixed in the upcoming 3.6 VLC release, which will be available very soon.

If you want and if you know how, you can test a nightly release (some kind of pre-beta version), from here :

https://nightlies.videolan.org

And prefer SMB2, for security reason.

Regards

MaxArk68
New Cone
New Cone

Re: Unable To Access Media in Shared Network Folders

Postby MaxArk68 » 20 Jun 2024 21:30

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm happy to see that VLC is responsive to their user's concerns and open to attempt to provide solutions. I feel better knowing that the issue is not necessarily specific to me. I look forward to the update. I'll see what I can do with the nightly releases.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”