VLC can no longer connect to file servers, freezes and crashes instead

iOS, iPad, iPhone, tvOS specific usage questions
rufusmc
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC can no longer connect to file servers, freezes and crashes instead

Postby rufusmc » 24 Feb 2024 17:10

I also just updated to 3.5.3 on the AppleTV.

Works great now as it did before for NFS Shares. The only caveat: I had to delete all the saved NFS Servers on the list and reset them. Worked great from there on.

Just a trivial item to fix: the About box doesn't come up with the Information. :wink:

Thank You for the quick fix.

Regards,

Michel

Philgriz
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Philgriz » 26 Feb 2024 22:15

Remaining issue with TVOS and version 3.5.3 :

I updated to 3.5.3 from TVOs app store --> and i still facing issues to browse server (Synology NAS UPNP) :(

UI is freezing on all screens and access to server folders is impossible : working fine with other similar app's

DavidVdW
New Cone
New Cone

Postby DavidVdW » 06 Mar 2024 23:21

I can no longer open a network stream using VLC on my iPad and iPhone, but it still works fine on my PC. I downloaded KMPlayer and 8Player and tried to open the same network stream without success. I'm thinking the problem might be with the IOS update. Please advise.

Cutriss
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Cutriss » 07 Mar 2024 15:36

So, I've still got a problem with connecting to network media sources. I have four ATVs but I'm really only going to focus on two here: One's a 2nd gen 4K ATV, and the other is a 3rd gen 4K ATV. My sole media source is my Synology NAS, and I've used both UPNP and SMB to connect to it but I use SMB almost exclusively. Before the holidays, both were working fine. After we came back, presumably they were updated to 3.5.x and stopped working normally.

After updating, I've got 3.5.4 on my 2nd gen ATV 4K and it works with both UPNP and SMB.

However, the 3rd gen ATV is still not working no matter what I do. They're both on the same wired network. I've tried resetting the settings and deleting/redownloading the app several times but it still isn't showing anything. When I try to connect, I get the normal "nothing to display" screen and I don't really have much to go with here.

kevpac
New Cone
New Cone

Postby kevpac » 10 Mar 2024 06:49

Thank you, Mr. Kühne. VLC for iOS version 3.5.6 now works for me without issue as did version 3.4.9.

Cutriss
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Cutriss » 11 Mar 2024 04:25

I've updated to 3.5.6 on the 3rd gen ATV 4K. I'm still experiencing problems here and I have one theory as to why. I've been using the option to reset the VLC settings, and it resets, for example, the "Prefer SMB1" option to "Yes", so I know that's doing *something*, however it isn't removing *all* the preferences/settings in the application, because I have a saved SMB connection that keeps coming back even after I wipe the app and download it again. So, I'm guessing that there's a bad setting which is breaking the app when it loads, and for whatever reason it's not being erased when I reset the app settings.

So, I still can't open an SMB share, and frequently when I try to open Connections, nothing actually happens when I click the button. The cursor will still move around to change tabs from Local to Remote to Network, etc, but Connection doesn't do anything.

Is there anything I can do to help isolate this problem so that it can be fixed? I get the feeling that I may be the only one impacted.

andre_hro
New Cone
New Cone

Postby andre_hro » 16 Mar 2024 22:03

I have the same issue. Click on Connect server do nothing.

Cutriss
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Cutriss » 21 Mar 2024 15:18

My issue is still present on 3.5.7. Just to reiterate, it's only present on my 3rd Gen ATV4K, my 2nd Gen works fine.

I don't see the UPnP connections when I launch VLC, and if I enter the Connect to Server window and try to connect to something, I just get an empty folder. If I back out and then try to re-enter Connect to Server, the button doesn't do anything.

Return to “VLC for iOS, iPadOS and Apple TV”