Displaying large irritating round circles when skipping with keyboard

VLC for Android and Chrome OS specific usage questions
moongate
New Cone
New Cone

Displaying large irritating round circles when skipping with keyboard

Postby moongate » 04 Nov 2023 22:20

Hi All,

I am using VLC 3.5.4 on Android 13 with my Samsung Galaxy tab S9 Ultra.

When skipping back and forth using touch controls (finger swipe or even a BT mouse) everything is fine.
The whole video stays visible and you get a small indicator in the middle telling you how many seconds you are about to skipback or forth.
So far so perfect.

My new tablet came with a keyboard cover and I find it more convinient to use the arrow keys to skip back and forth. And when reviewing footage a have just edited there can be a lot of skipping action in my case.

Using the keyboard arrows large dark round circles appear to the left or right side of the screen (depending on skipping direction) covering large portions of the video before finally fading out again. The only purpose is to highlight the seconds you are about to skip.

I understand the good intentions the developers might have had during implementation.
But using this on a daily basis this is getting very irritating and annoying.

I would prefer if the keyboard initiated skip would just follow the same design principle as the touch swipe skip and not cover the video and just show the skip seconds in the middle.

Is there any chance this could be given a second though?

Best moongate

Spike1
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: And:3.6.0β,Win:2.2.1

Re: Displaying large irritating round circles when skipping with keyboard

Postby Spike1 » 05 Nov 2023 14:03

Seconded. I would prefer that FFwd and Rew briefly show an icon in the corner, as Play and Pause (space bar) do and not occupy so much of the video. I do appreciate the numbers, which indicate whether my touch was interpreted as a double-tap and I have gotten twice the intended movement.

Return to “VLC for Android and Chrome OS”