VLC on Apple TV skips next file

iOS, iPad, iPhone, tvOS specific usage questions
Childledj
New Cone
New Cone

VLC on Apple TV skips next file

Postby Childledj » 18 Jan 2023 22:21

Hello everyone
VLC on my Apple TV 4 plays files from the server only even or only odd from shared folder. I.e. when 1st episod ends VLC skip to 3rd episode then 5th and so on… or if playing 2 then 4 > 6 etc…
I have two ATV with VLC and each one have the same issue.
I’ve using Twonky Media server (on Dlink DNS-343), and Serviio (on MacBook Air/Mojave) with the same issue.
I’ve noticed this at December 2022. I assume the app version as well as the tvos version are the latest. A few years before this, there was no such problem.

edRF
New Cone
New Cone

Re: VLC on Apple TV skips next file

Postby edRF » 26 Jan 2023 21:40

Same thing here. VLC on AppleTV skips every other file when "playing next is active". The source is a Shared Directory on Windows over the LAN.

CyberFlunky
New Cone
New Cone

Postby CyberFlunky » 02 Feb 2023 04:05

Same issue here. The problem is it tries to load the next file and gives up too quickly and moves on to the next.

Someone broke this on the last update. It used to play the next file fine. Now it doesn't work. If you only have two files in a folder it works OK.

Shouldn't be too hard to debug... let's see how long it takes! For now I will reset me apple TV. Deleting the app and all files doesn't work -- all my LAN settings were saved still when I try to delete it and reinstall it.

[edit:} Reset my Apple TV, starting fresh. Downloaded VLC and it's doing the same thing. For now I set it to Shuffle. It's a janky workaround.

CyberFlunky
New Cone
New Cone

Postby CyberFlunky » 13 Feb 2023 22:33

Workaround!

Set it to Shuffle On. Make sure it stays On. Now go back in and turn Shuffle off. It may act weird when you do. Once shuffle is set to Off and stays there, you'll notice it's playing them in order finally. It's a turn it off and then on again fix. Works with MKV or MP3, whatever you have.

Childledj
New Cone
New Cone

Postby Childledj » 13 Feb 2023 23:09

Workaround!

Set it to Shuffle On. Make sure it stays On. Now go back in and turn Shuffle off. It may act weird when you do. Once shuffle is set to Off and stays there, you'll notice it's playing them in order finally. It's a turn it off and then on again fix. Works with MKV or MP3, whatever you have.
Do you mean Shuffle play on drop-down menu when file playing? If so your solution doesn’t work :( When shuffle is On, it works as shuffle, after setting to Off it is same issue as before: VLC skips every second file (avi, mkv, mp4 no matter)

Return to “VLC for iOS, iPadOS and Apple TV”