Context Menus

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
ryboto
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Context Menus

Postby ryboto » 12 Feb 2006 09:12

I searched for my specific question, but could not find it. I know I can remove "add to vlc media player's playlist" from my recycle bin, but, how can I make that an option for individual files?? I'm using the .8.4a release, I heard that a nightly release fixes the recycle bin thing, and I'll try that. The problem I have, is that I can't click individual files, and add them to a playlist, I have to add entire folders. Is there a setting I can change to allow me to add individual files??

Also, is there any easier way, than editing the skin to get the player to display just the file name, and not the entire path to the file??
edit: one last question, is it possible to minimize the player to the tray?

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Re: Context Menus

Postby DJ » 12 Feb 2006 10:02

I searched for my specific question, but could not find it. I know I can remove "add to vlc media player's playlist" from my recycle bin, but, how can I make that an option for individual files???
I don't know that you searched real hard. I think I answer this one every day.

Preferences, Advanced, Other and check the two boxes marked "Allow only one running instance" and "Enqueue items to playlist when in one instance mode" then press Save and close the player.
I'm using the .8.4a release, I heard that a nightly release fixes the recycle bin thing, and I'll try that. The problem I have, is that I can't click individual files, and add them to a playlist, I have to add entire folders. Is there a setting I can change to allow me to add individual files??
Yes! The Nightly Builds have been fixed along with many other things. http://nightlies.videolan.org/ Pick the 9.5 meg file as it is the install version.

Associations are only available during the install.

I already answered that question, see first answer.
Also, is there any easier way, than editing the skin to get the player to display just the file name, and not the entire path to the file??
edit: one last question, is it possible to minimize the player to the tray?
Some skins are that way by the designer, like void, others are not.
No! Not without editing the skin.

I will mention that some skins do no allow you to minimize the player. In other words not all the features available are incorporated by the designer of the skin. Although for most of the features, access can be gained by right clicking on the player.

:lol:

ryboto
Blank Cone
Blank Cone

Postby ryboto » 12 Feb 2006 16:13

I searched for my specific question, but could not find it. I know I can remove "add to vlc media player's playlist" from my recycle bin, but, how can I make that an option for individual files???

Preferences, Advanced, Other and check the two boxes marked "Allow only one running instance" and "Enqueue items to playlist when in one instance mode" then press Save and close the player.
I know that much. I'm just used to right clicking and using a context menu to add things to the playlist. I guess, I'll have to get used to double clicking them. Thanks for the reply.

DJ
Cone Master
Cone Master

Postby DJ » 12 Feb 2006 19:21

I know that much. I'm just used to right clicking and using a context menu to add things to the playlist. I guess, I'll have to get used to double clicking them. Thanks for the reply.
The options suggested will allow you to add media files to a playlist without opening another player and is by far easier to build play lists than the old way. Another method would be from inside VLC.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”