After converting a CD track, the VLC list goes to "Track 05.cda" from the original names of each track when 1st loaded

Microsoft Windows specific usage questions
Forum rules
Please post only Windows specific questions in this forum category. If you don't know where to post, please read the different forums' rules. Thanks.
MadRocker
New Cone
New Cone
VLC version: 3.0.16 Vetinari
Operating System: Windows 8.1

After converting a CD track, the VLC list goes to "Track 05.cda" from the original names of each track when 1st loaded

Postby MadRocker » 24 Sep 2021 05:17

When I first load a retail music CD into my HP laptop (Windows 8.1) the VLC display shows the name of each track from the CD. After I select a track to convert to MP3, and do the conversion for that track selected, the list of CD tracks on the VLC display, with names of the songs of each track is now gone. In it's place is a list with names like "Track05.cda" --- and I want to know how to get the list of names of the tracks of the CD loaded into my laptop to reappear --- without having to eject the CD and then reload the CD again into my laptop, to get the names of the songs to appear.

So I don't know is I have a bug or if I'm just doing something wrong...

Hitchhiker
Big Cone-huna
Big Cone-huna
VLC version: 3.0.17.4

Re: After converting a CD track, the VLC list goes to "Track 05.cda" from the original names of each track when 1st load

Postby Hitchhiker » 25 Sep 2021 13:15

See Lotesdelere's post in this thread: https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.ph ... 59#p509959

MadRocker
New Cone
New Cone

Re: After converting a CD track, the VLC list goes to "Track 05.cda" from the original names of each track when 1st load

Postby MadRocker » 25 Sep 2021 17:52

See Lotesdelere's post in this thread: https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.ph ... 59#p509959
Thanks, I'll look into that.

MadRocker
New Cone
New Cone

Postby MadRocker » 29 Sep 2021 11:06

I tried that, but it didn't fix my issue. I was getting the name of the songs to populate when first loading in the CD, regardless of the CDDB Server address I used. But, with each address tried, after I converted a track, then I could not get the list of song names to populate, just Track 01.cda list.

So for now, I'm going to use Apple iTunes. Their player converter seems to work fine. No issues.

Return to “VLC media player for Windows Troubleshooting”